All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pain free day!!!!!
      #39674 - 01/22/04 06:39 AM
cymoon

Reged: 01/13/04
Loc: Texas, Houston

For the first time in months I had a pain free day yesterday and it seems to be holding through to today!!! This way of eating does work! I still have not gotten the C under control. I am taking 1/2 tablespoon of Acacia three times a day and 1 1/2 tablespoons of Metamucil at night. If I don't take the Metamucil I don't go at all for days. I am not gassy or bloated from the Acacia so do you think I should up the dosage now? I have been on it for a week and half. When I finally get to the full dosage should my C improve without the Metamucil? I drink lots of water, 3 24oz bottles, 5-6 cups of tea, 3-4 10 oz glasses daily. Aprox. 140+ oz. I feel a little waterlogged but do some of you C's consume more than this? Thanks everyone for the wonderful welcome and all of the helpful advice in this forum.

--------------------
"I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work." Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pain free day!!!!! new
      #39688 - 01/22/04 07:52 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sounds like your doing great! Its so good to hear when someone is feeling better!

I also suffer from constipation. Sounds like your water intake is ok, thats about what I drink, but you can't drink too much! Are you getting exercise?? Thats really important to keep things moving!

I would think you could try to increase your acacia now. Hopefully when you get up to the max dose you will be more regular. I'm in the process of trying to get off miralax, which is not easy! Maybe try to increase the acacia and decrease the metamucil at the same time, little by little and see how that works!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#39692 - 01/22/04 08:02 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Congrats on the pain free day!!

I'm not a C, so I can't help you there, but keep up the good work and good luck with everything.

(((((((Big hug.))))))))

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#39713 - 01/22/04 08:50 AM
cymoon

Reged: 01/13/04
Loc: Texas, Houston

Thank you LauraSue. It is nice to feel good. I am still puffy but I think once the C is under control it will help. Considering going to McDonalds for the Chicken Flatbread sandwich (not sure if that is what it is called). For some reason it is better than any laxative on the market. Michele thanks for the advice on Acacia and I hope you can get off of the Miralax soon.

--------------------
"I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work." Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

#39716 - 01/22/04 08:54 AM
LauraSue

LOL about the McDonald's sandwich!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#39736 - 01/22/04 10:36 AM
masayo

Reged: 01/17/04
Loc: mexico

I do have been pain free for the last couple of days. I am new here, only been with you for about a week, and i think just finding this site and all of you made it go away instantly. "RELIEF finally, I am not alone." I starting eating differently and the bloating has gone down some and the pressure and pain isnt bad anymore. The thing I had was D for along time, then in the last month it turned into C, and now that I am eating diff. it is a semi D. Anyway, Im not too upset with the D yet....Im just glad to not hav the pain and bloating anymore. Lets hope it continues! You have all helped me a great deal and the depression from all IBS is subsiding. Thanks to all you!
Michelle.

#39738 - 01/22/04 10:41 AM
angelfire

Reged: 12/09/03

I am SO jealous, but I'm happy for you. Rock on!

#40070 - 01/23/04 11:27 AM
LauraSue

Good for you, Michelle!! "Never give up five minutes before the miracle!!" Oooh, my new signature quote!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1401 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 794

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review