Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: I'm with you on the Gingerbread Muffins, Bevrs. They're FANTASTIC!!! new
      #39700 - 01/22/04 08:19 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Quote:

Kree, your muffins are the best thing yet! I made a batch yesterday and have already eaten over 1/2 of them! And, I love the lemon glaze on them. Gives them just an extra sweetness that really hits the spot. Have one (or 2) of them in the morning with Shanna's Chai Tea Meltdown and I can almost forget I have IBS for a couple minutes and feel like I'm "normal"! Well, that's an awfully lot of credit to give a muffin, but you know what I mean! Thanks for the recipe!

I'm so glad you like them!! I know what you mean about feeling "normal". When I'm at home and can eat all my safe foods I sometimes forget I'm not eating like other people, there are actually so many yummy IBS safe foods out there. It's when I go out and can't eat over 3/4 of the foods on the menu that I remember my limitations! Anyway, glad my muffin helped you along in the search for normalcy, lol!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Made it through day 9 but barely...Another thought new
      #39704 - 01/22/04 08:32 AM
Kree

Hi Laura! You can call me whatever you want. Kree is a nickname I've had since high school, so it feels about as natural as my name, lol.

Wow! I didn't realize you'd been following this diet for years. You certainly have me beat there! I understand your frustration about having problems with peppermint tea, when that's one of the staples of the diet. The peppermint caps gave me heartburn when I'd never had it before in my life, and that was pretty frustrating too because I had really hoped those could help me. I guess we'll always have our bad days, we just need to figure out how to keep them few and far between, right? It sounds like you're on the right track for doing that! I have C, the opposite problem, so I've been focusing on keeping things moving properly.

That's terrible that you have so many food intolerances. I've never heard of anyone being allergic to apples and peaches! I'm sorry you had to find that out the hard way. Anyway, I hope you've found other foods to fill in the gaps for you. Personally, I've become addicted to potatoes, squash, and carrots, because they're my safest veggies!

Congrats on making it to day... 11, is it? Yay! See you around!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#39707 - 01/22/04 08:44 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Okay, Kree it is!

Thanks for your reply. You seem like such a lovely person.

Potatoes are my "desert island" food, you know, if you were exiled to a desert island and could only take one food, what would it be? My mom says bread, but for me it would be potatoes, without question!! Oooh, I should start that as a separate thread!

I love carrots too. Squash is another intolerance so I can't even eat my beloved pumpkin pie anymore without paying the price! But you're right, there's still plenty of foods I can eat, so I'm not complaining (at least not too much!)

Oddly enough my sister in law also has a severe allergy to apples. I've heard of it with strawberries, so it must be kind of similar. The doctor said it's the protein molecule, especially in the skin. I can't even eat applesauce - I don't get the full reaction but it definitely upsets my stomach. Which makes all the lowfat baked goods recipes off limits to me. I'm not much of a cook anyway though, so it doesn't matter. (Actually my mother says I'm an excellent cook, so I guess I should just say I don't enjoy it enough to bother!! I can still eat healthy, and I have other hobbies, so that's okay.)

My goodness, I'm in a chatty mood today! I must be feeling better. Sorry to talk your ear off!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#39745 - 01/22/04 11:06 AM
Kree

Don't worry about it! You're helping me procrastinate, and I appreciate it! Lol. Wow, a squash intolerance too?? You poor girl! I guess you're right, we have to focus on the things we can eat or we'll go crazy... especially someone with as many intolerances as you! Have you ever tried using prune puree in place of applesauce to make baked goods low fat? I've never tried it personally, but I've heard it works just as well. Just a thought to get you around the apple problem!

--------------------

#40076 - 01/23/04 11:31 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Kree,

Good thought but prunes are dried plums and plums are related to apples and peaches so I dassn't, as my grandma used to say. It's okay though because I don't have much of a sweet tooth and don't have the energy to bake anyway. But thanks for the sympathy, it's always welcome!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#40078 - 01/23/04 11:32 AM
Kree

Darn!! I tried.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1441 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7983

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review