Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Granola Bars new
      #39357 - 01/21/04 04:16 AM
sugar

Reged: 02/08/03
Loc: Calistoga, CA

Quote:

For me, it's back to making my own incredible gingerbread muffins (thank you, Kree!), freezing them, then grabbing one in the morning on my way out the door.

That sounds so good. I looked for the recipie and
didn't see it. Can you tell me how to find it?

--------------------
A Safe Place

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Granola Bars new
      #39370 - 01/21/04 07:22 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

They're fairly new, so they're probably not on the list yet. I'm so flattered that Bev likes them so much! Here's the link: web page

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Made it through day 9 but barely...Another thought new
      #39408 - 01/21/04 09:30 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Kristin,
Yes, it was my stomach. Gas pains and cramps high up just under the rib cage. Used to happen A LOT but hasn't been bothering me lately. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced it was the peppermint tea. It was the only real change in my diet. I avoided it completely yesterday and feel 100% today.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#39419 - 01/21/04 10:12 AM
Kree

That certainly sounds like a possibility then. You know your own body better than anyone else. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#39567 - 01/21/04 03:54 PM
LauraSue

Thanks, Kristen. I really appreciate the positive feedback. And I really admire your enjoyment of cooking that I've seen in your other posts! That's a terrific skill to have. Good for you!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: Made it through day 9 but barely... new
      #39617 - 01/21/04 06:21 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

A few thoughts -
1. What kind of fiber supplement are you taking?
2. Oatmeal can cause attacks for me.
3. Granola bars - I would leave them out just for a while. They tend to be full of additives.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#39650 - 01/21/04 08:44 PM
Kree

Quote:

Thanks, Kristen. I really appreciate the positive feedback. And I really admire your enjoyment of cooking that I've seen in your other posts! That's a terrific skill to have. Good for you!

You're very welcome, Laura. I remember what it's like to be just starting out on this diet and needing lots of guidance! For that matter, I still need guidance... but that's what's so great about these boards.

As for the cooking, thanks for the compliment! I actually was completely undomestic until a couple of years ago, but I was determined to learn to cook and it's now become one of my favorite hobbies! Hey, we all need something to distract us from the stresses of everyday life, right?

--------------------

I'm with you on the Gingerbread Muffins, Bevrs. They're FANTASTIC!!! new
      #39671 - 01/22/04 06:08 AM
tierny

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Iowa

Kree, your muffins are the best thing yet! I made a batch yesterday and have already eaten over 1/2 of them! And, I love the lemon glaze on them. Gives them just an extra sweetness that really hits the spot. Have one (or 2) of them in the morning with Shanna's Chai Tea Meltdown and I can almost forget I have IBS for a couple minutes and feel like I'm "normal"! Well, that's an awfully lot of credit to give a muffin, but you know what I mean! Thanks for the recipe!

Re: Made it through day 9 but barely... new
      #39679 - 01/22/04 07:23 AM
LauraSue

HanSolo,

1. I've been taking Metamucil for two years now and it has made SUCH a difference. My sister suggested it as did my doctor. I consider it one of the three essential things responsible for my improved quality of life the past 10 years and have threatened bodily harm to anyone with the temerity to get between me and it!! (The other two are antidepressants and Al Anon, a twelve step program for friends and families of alcoholics -- my dad had a drinking problem.)

2. Oatmeal has always been fine for me, no problem there.

3. You're right about the granola bars -- I'll go easy on them for awhile.

Thanks for your help, and I LOVE your screen name.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#39683 - 01/22/04 07:39 AM
LauraSue

Kristin;
(or Kree? Which do you prefer?)

Thanks for the reply. Although I'm new to this board, I've actually had Heather's book and been partially following the soluble fiber diet for almost two years now, which is why it's so frustrating to have a day like I did Monday. I haven't been doubled over with gas cramps like that in months and months.

By "partially following," I mean I started eating way more soluble fiber, way less insoluble fiber, way less fat, and smaller meals more frequently. And of course a fiber supplement, no alcohol for past 10 years, and cut way back on coffee and sodas. I also get lots of exercise on a regular basis and meditate and do relaxation exercises.

Plus I've been tracking my trigger foods for at least 10 years due to a confirmed allergy to apples and peaches (two trips to the emergency room in full anaphylactic shock and subsequent confirmation by an allergist), plus numerous food intolerances such as corn, mushrooms, MSG, anything fermented or containing mold like blue cheese, bananas, citrus, avocado, etc.

And that approach had kept me D free for six months from mid 2002 to beginning of 2003 and another six months from then to mid 2003. But after relapsing to D once a month starting six months ago has made me determined to double my efforts and follow Heather's diet even more closely. That's why it was so discouraging to figure out that the peppermint tea of all things upset my sensitive tummy.

Anyway, thrilled to be part of this group with such nice people like you. Sorry for the loooooong post!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5471 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8139

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review