All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
GF Bread with egg safe??
      #372272 - 07/30/15 05:10 PM
aaliya

Reged: 07/03/15

Canyon Bakehouse Bread is Gluten-free, however it says that egg is one of the ingredients, but it is listed quite far into the list. Is it safe to eat??
The macronutrients are: 70calories: 1.5F/15C(2F)/1P

Ingredients: Water, Brown Rice Flour, Organic Agave Syrup, Tapioca Flour, Whole Grain Sorghum Flour, Xanthan Gum, Cultured Brown Rice Flour, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Eggs, Whole Grain Amaranth, Sea Salt, Yeast, Natural Enzymes

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: GF Bread with egg safe?? new
      #372275 - 07/30/15 07:19 PM
sgcray

Reged: 01/22/14
Loc: AZ, USA

Quote:

Canyon Bakehouse Bread is Gluten-free, however it says that egg is one of the ingredients, but it is listed quite far into the list. Is it safe to eat??
The macronutrients are: 70calories: 1.5F/15C(2F)/1P

Ingredients: Water, Brown Rice Flour, Organic Agave Syrup, Tapioca Flour, Whole Grain Sorghum Flour, Xanthan Gum, Cultured Brown Rice Flour, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Eggs, Whole Grain Amaranth, Sea Salt, Yeast, Natural Enzymes

This one is NOT ok. Think how this compares with white french or sourdough wheat where they have enough of the soluble fiber it takes to cushion the colon. Tests them out. White bread is eaten at beginning of meal on an empty vunerable GI track. Are you not wanting to eat white wheat ok on this diet, even though tested ok with gluten? No agave high fructose, egg yolk fat or these whole grains in bread. Eat a little whole grain wheat at end of meal after only white is eaten at beginning is better. "BTW only white rice grain in meals until a flair-up ends, which isn't for very long, is VERY soothing."

Edited by sgcray (07/30/15 07:43 PM)

Re: GF Bread with egg safe??- Heather what do you think? new
      #372276 - 07/30/15 07:47 PM
aaliya

I have tried eating white bread, but it can be irritating to me.
Maybe I need to try a different brand of white bread. So any without dairy and HFCS is ok?

Heather, do you think this GF bread not safe due to the egg content? (even though it is still low in fat)

#372280 - 07/31/15 11:25 AM
sgcray

Quote:

I have tried eating white bread, but it can be irritating to me.
Maybe I need to try a different brand of white bread. So any without dairy and HFCS is ok?
>Yes, as in recent past post, no HFCS and no dairy on this diet. "Basic authentic" white wheat french and white wheat sourdough. In the books.

Heather, do you think this GF bread not safe due to the egg content? (even though it is still low in fat)

>gluten free breads usually all have whole grains, not safe, irregardless of the whole egg content. Heather has commented on the gluten free breads in the past.

#372281 - 07/31/15 11:42 AM
aaliya

thank you!! I'm still very confused about some things :/ Heather says white bread is safe (which contains wheat), but a lot of people on this forum recommend eating gluten free products (without wheat). Why is this?

#372283 - 07/31/15 11:58 AM
sgcray

Hey there:),
It's all about staying with soluble white flour, but there aren't any gluten free breads that are just the soluble part, they're including whole grain. If you're positive that white wheat is a problem, you might try making your own white spelt (easier to digest gluten and starch) or white rice bread, as some have done.

#372284 - 07/31/15 12:00 PM
sgcray

I'm going to go eat lunch for a while...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 920 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4582

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review