All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New here and nervous about eating on vacation
      #369689 - 07/04/13 09:42 AM
Mom2threeboys

Reged: 07/04/13

I am new to this site and just ordered the Tummy Care Kit. I am anxious to start using it. I have had IBS since college but was not diagnosed until 2008. Many medications later I am still not finding much relief from diarrhea alternating constipation. Just had a recent EGD/colonoscopy and also have erosive gastritis. I am taking a family trip to Disney World in August and am extremely worried about eating on vacation. We have a meal plan package but I am worried about finding the right foods to eat. Any suggestions? I am terrified of ruining my kids vacation or having an embarrassing accident. Thanks for any advice.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New here and nervous about eating on vacation new
      #369693 - 07/04/13 12:22 PM
Sassie

Reged: 07/02/13
Loc: The Netherlands, Europe

Perhaps you can email to ask for the menu's? So you can see what is good for you. Or perhaps you can ask for special diet? Fatfree for example? Explain your problem and who knows they can help ou. For the fear of accidents, take clean clothes with you if you don't do that already. I do that often and it makes me more relaxed to know I can change if needed.

I hope you'll enjoy your trip.

Saskia

Edited by Sassie (07/04/13 12:27 PM)

#369694 - 07/04/13 12:46 PM
Mom2threeboys

Reged: 07/04/13

Thank you. That is a good idea. We had to actually make reservations for restaurants already, so I will check out their menus and plan accordingly. I usually do take extra underclothes with me as well.

#369695 - 07/04/13 01:41 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

I had the same problem -

Consider the acacia fiber which can be very helpful- perhaps you ordered the kit that has that in it - It does help to balance both the D and C and if you start a routine now, by August you may be just fine!

Also- you might try the hypnotherapy program which helped me break that worry of the brain-gut connection for travel.

All the best and I know you will have a lovely time...

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

#369828 - 07/20/13 05:48 PM
TuscanGirl

Reged: 07/19/13

I was diagnosed on Monday and we left on Saturday for vacation, so I feel your pain!
It's probably not the "right" way to do it, but I took 2 Imodium the first morning to calm everything and make me feel more confident (we were driving 13 hours!)

I took a lot of my own food (safe snacks, sourdough bread, etc) and I didn't have a perfect trip, but it was much better than I thought it would be.

I'm looking forward to getting home and trying to learn to cook and eat my new way.

Good luck and relax (as much as possible!)

#369871 - 07/27/13 01:47 PM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

Hi, I can truly relate.

A few years ago before going to Disney, just the thought of standing in line for an attraction with no bathroom in site was enough for me to get D! I am actually A Disney travel planner now so any questions at all regarding Disney, please reach out to me. Keep in mind that there are CLEAN bathrooms everywhere in the parks and never too far from any place. There is a site you can go to and see every menu of each place you are eating and they are really good about preparing food for your specification. Just ask! You can always find grilled chicken or a safe type food to eat. Where are you staying? I love Disney and just being in such a happy place, should help! I was scared too and have two boys and was afraid of ruining their vacation also. I would also advise if you are feeling rumbly at all to take an Imodium just to be on the safe side. This would help me with the psychological side of it also. Oh I must be ok as I took a preventive this morning thought! Good luck!
Sandy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1047 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2992

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review