All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Newbie needing advice for Bad flare up's every 3 weeks
      #369424 - 04/12/13 11:54 AM
Erika0713

Reged: 03/29/13

So I have IBS-D and I am recently new to this diet but so hopeful and pleased that I came across this website because prior to finding this I felt hopeless. Anyway, I have been on the diet for 3 weeks now and was so hoping that the for once I would make it a full month without an episode but that did not happen. Last night I had horrible episode which was three weeks to the day of my last one. Usually the episodes occur the week before my period. Has anyone found any relief from this, should I really limit things more that week? I have been feeling super nauseous too. So I have tried the peppermint tea which has helped alittle. I want to try Align also once I feel more staple.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Newbie needing advice for Bad flare up's every 3 weeks new
      #369425 - 04/13/13 05:06 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

It would be helpful if you could list the foods and snacks you have eaten in the past 2-3 days. It may give us some clues to help you. Also check out Heather's discussions on What role do hormones play in IBS? and Pregnancy, Menopause, Hormones, & IBS

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#369426 - 04/13/13 12:07 PM
Erika0713

Thanks SYL I really appreciate your help. I am determined to get this under control and get my life back. I had oatmeal with alittle brown sugar and maple syrup for breakfast, grilled salmon with a bbq type sauce made of worchier (sp) sauce, pineapple juice and soy sauce with white rice. Then for dinner my husband made chicken on the grill with just a spice rub marinade. Oh i did have a couple sweet tarts too that day. The day before I had a plain thomas bagel with a tiny bit of peanut butter and strawberry jelly. Then again for lunch I had the grilled salmon and white rice. For dinner I had a chicken lunch meat sandwich on a white with alittle ketchup. I had some baked lays chips as well. The day before that I cannot recall exactly what I had. I need to start a food journal I think that would help. Oh and I drink water and peppermint tea. I did also have one can of Brisk tea with lemon. I realize it has alittle caffeine, but even on days I have not drank it I have had episodes. I dont drinnk pop or coffee though. The only thing I can think of is that my husband made a pizza with tomato sauce and regular cheese and I had about two bites of that (it was too tempting). But before I found this diet I could go weeks eating alot of dairy and had no problems except for about every three weeks OR if i ate say dairy with every meal or icecream then I would have an episode which is why I wonder if its also linked to hormones.

#369430 - 04/14/13 05:05 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Did you check the BBQ sauce and bagel for high fructose corn syrup? Do you know if you are lactose intolerant?

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#369432 - 04/15/13 11:36 AM
Erika0713

The bagel does not however the BBQ sauce my husband had made he used pineapple juice out of a can I am not sure if that would have had corn syrup or not. The brisk I drank I noticed does have it in it. Yesterday all I had eaten was Heather's recipe for the white fish with garlic and rosemary and I had white rice with it and only drank water and a few hours later I had a bad spell of nausea again. I just dont get it I hadn't had nausea before. And is there many options that don't have corn syrup in it? Geesh I am feeling frustrated especially because I live in a small town so healthy things/non big name brands are hard to find.

#369433 - 04/15/13 11:52 AM
Erika0713

Also I am not sure if I am lactose intolerant but I do know that if I eat too much dairy in one day I normally have an episode

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2744 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3049

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review