All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Need help with gas before I lose my job new
      #368727 - 12/03/12 03:48 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

There isn't a combined cheat sheet for both diets unfortunately. Perhaps we can give you some pointers if you list the foods and snacks you have eaten in the past 2-3 days

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#368753 - 12/05/12 03:43 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Deborah, this might sound a bit nuts, but the more anxious and nervous I get, the more gassy I get, and what I eat has nothing to do with that. It is mental/emotional at that point. Maybe the stress of possibly losing your job, has created such tension, stress, and anxiety that much more gas has been produced. It would benefit you to find a way to release and relax a bit more.

Also, I am in agreement with Heather. Exercise helps to relieve the gas. But I really think once you can feel more relaxed and at peace, your gas would not be nearly as bad.

combined FODMAP and EFI new
      #368763 - 12/08/12 08:18 AM
Susie1985

Reged: 05/04/11

Safest foods to eat would be: porridge (cooked in water), boiled/baked potatoes (no skin), cooled white rice, grilled chicken breast, shrimp, white fish, boiled carrots, peeled baked peppers, peeled cooked courgette (ie zucchini), tomato paste, orange juice, no-pulp-berry juice and a bit of fat with each meal (salmon/olive oil to mention two of the healthiest options), one yellow banana daily.

There's more, such as spinach, which would be fine, but you would have to have SFS with that due to high IF content.

--------------------
now: stable through EFI+FODMAP dieting (no lactose/no fructose/some fructans and some polyols)

before: IBS-D(pseudo-diarrhoea), bloating, often unbearable pain esp from too much fat: Apr 2007- Dec 2010

FODMAPs: http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newarchives/072710p30.shtml

[I've tried VSL#3 -> I could tolerate v good amounts of IF (even with less SF), it worked great (but overall I find it too expensive)]

#368764 - 12/08/12 10:45 AM
seashell

Reged: 05/22/09
Loc: CA, USA

I really feel bad for you. I have a similar issue with gas but work from home, thank goodness! I was going to suggest the same thing as someone else here and take it down to a diet with only 4-5 different items for a few days to calm everything down. The mint pills are great to take before a meal to go through and keep things calm for the food that is incoming. Maybe oatmeal, rice, steamed carrots and grilled chicken to start for a few days. I honestly don't think I could stick to it but with your situation, it might be warranted to go to this extreme to get a handle on what is causing the gas. Then introduce one thing at a time.

It's such a frustrating syndrome because there are so many factors. I agree that reducing stress is a key component so it may be hard for you to realize what is the actual cause if you try several things at once.

Best of luck, I feel for you!

--------------------
IBS-C, gas & bloating
----------------------

#368767 - 12/08/12 05:21 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

soy is horrible for me. Terrible gas. You eat a lot of dairy substitutes in the form of soy. OY. Gas for me.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3238 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6410

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review