Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
anal Fissure
      #368310 - 10/17/12 12:28 PM
Lreser

Reged: 12/16/10
Loc: Ohio

Hi everyone,
I recently was diagnosed with an anal fissure and am in such misery! This is honestly more painful than my 2 C-sections!

I've been IBS-D for more than 20 years and about 6 weeks ago had an episode of constipation for 3 days that resulted in the fissure. I also have sentinel piles which apparantley indicates that I've had the fissure for a while it's just never bothered me.

I'm seeing a colo-rectal surgeon in November but was looking for any advice to heal this awful, awful thing! Right now I'm take 4 sitz baths a day, using Dr. Wheatgrass Skin Recovery Cream 2 times per day, taking stool softeners and am trying a calcium channel blocker (diltiazam) cream at night. I"ve been taking fiber (Benefiber) and pro-biotics for some time now and it has definitely helped the the IBS. I'm wondering if I'm starting to alternate between D and C. UGH!

Thanks for any help you can offer!

--------------------
Lisa

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: anal Fissure new
      #368318 - 10/22/12 11:07 AM
Lreser

There's been 140 looks at the question. Nobody has dealt with this?

--------------------
Lisa

#368319 - 10/22/12 05:25 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

Hi Lisa - Oh dear - I am so sorry you are dealing with this - yes, have had it too - not fun.

Looks like you are really doing just about everything there is to address your problem - certainly time is a factor in just allowing it to heal - the only other suggestion Ihave which may not even be any better than what you are already doing is to add Calmoseptine - which was helpful to me, but with all you are doing now, it may just be overkill, or not even as good - here is info, just in case - hope you feel better soon!

http://www.calmoseptineointment.com/

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

#368324 - 10/23/12 07:41 AM
Lreser

Marilyn,

Thank you so, so much for replying! I was so surprised there were so many views of this thread and no replies! It's encouraging to know you healed from this. I'm assuming without surgery. That scares me to death!

I will try to find some of this ointment locally.

A side note: I've read your journey using the hypnosis CD's and am considering trying those. I have them. I've just never used them yet. Thank you for your testimony!

--------------------
Lisa

#368325 - 10/23/12 07:33 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

Hi Lisa - you are welcome!

Yes, as long as you have them already, do give the hypnotherapy CDs a try - they are so calming and gentle - make you feel a lot calmer and eases pain too - and no side effects. I speak with many people who have had tremendous relief, where all else failed, so yes, certainly worth a try. If you have any questions or need support, let me know! Happy to help...

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

#368346 - 10/28/12 12:30 PM
reindeer

Reged: 08/22/11

Lisa, I truly feel for you as I have had episodes of awfuls fissures. Here are a few suggestions that have helped me.

This may sound goofy, but Tinactin helped me(yes, the foot cream). Here is a link of a few people who had success with it. http://www.boardsailor.com/jack/af/patient_32.htm

Another thing I would do is take a small amount of Nature's Way Bone, Flesh and Cartilage cream and mix that with a drop of wheatgerm oil (prick a capsule and squeeze out a drop).

Right before having a bowel movement put a gob of vaseline up in the anal canal as this will help the stool to slide out without further tearing. I would also do sitz baths and have the bath water ready to get into right after a BM in order to help relax the muscles and help with the pain. I would also use ice packs to help numb the area throughout the day.

Have you tried Natural Calm. It is a magnesium powder that you can add to tea at night. It helps to keep the stool soft as the last thing you want to do is strain when you have fissures.

I hope you can find something to help as I know how painful this can be.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1924 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4817

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review