All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fantastic Foods taco filling
      #367102 - 03/24/12 04:09 PM
recoverywfaith

Reged: 03/21/12

Has anyone had any trouble utilizing the above food? I am new to changing my diet and it is so hard to determine. I ate this and am extremly bloated...but that does not mean anything because I have had stomach problems for along time like this and until I continue to change my diet i will not know. Well, anyway wanted to know if anybody ever experience any problems with this product. It is very tasty and taste just like real taco mix without utilizing beef.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fantastic Foods taco filling new
      #367104 - 03/25/12 07:07 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Ingredients:Ingredients: SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, DEHYDRATED VEGETABLES (ONIONS, GARLIC, TOMATOES, CELERY, JALAPENO PEPPERS), SOY SAUCE POWDER (WHEAT, SOYBEANS, SALT), SPICES, CORN MEAL, CORN MASA FLOUR, SEA SALT, EXPELLER PRESSED CANOLA OIL, BROWN RICE SYRUP SOLIDS, NATURAL FLAVOR, YEAST EXTRACT, CARAMEL COLOR, VINEGAR POWDER, SILICON DIOXIDE.

The dehydrated veggies (ONIONS, GARLIC, TOMATOES, CELERY, JALAPENO PEPPERS) and corn meal could be a problem since they are high in insoluble fiber. The amount of fiber given on the label is 4 grams per 1/4 cup most of the fiber will likely be insoluble fiber.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#367107 - 03/25/12 10:01 AM
recoverywfaith

I had it a few weeks back and got very very ill...not knowing this is what it was. Being more aware now I tried yesterday and got the same illness...thinking it was the soy (beans) I was so ill from it. Maybe your right maybe it is the insoluable fiber causing the problems. I was just so excited since it was not beef and that I could have beef tacos:( and that it was super super easy. Guess my next approach will be turkey meat. Just taking it one step at a time..new to all of the diet changes. Had my first shopping trip yesterday...thought I did good until I read more thoroughly the ingredients on some of the items. Like the tortillas looked like flour...but the ingredients contain wheat and I got Orweat Sourodough English Muffins (thinking soroudough was good)...but it has wheat and milk. Will continue to learn and research and be more careful in my selections. Thank you for your response.

#367109 - 03/25/12 01:08 PM
nutritionlover

Reged: 09/18/11

Just so you know, there is nothing wrong with wheat for IBS (unless you have a sensitivity to it). It is whole wheat that is the problem. Even "white flour" is wheat. You want to make sure that what you are buying says "wheat flour" instead of "whole wheat flour", that's all. No food package will ever say white flour. I know it can be confusing but I don't want you to have to unnecessarily cut foods out!

--------------------
IBS A (more D than C). Severe GERD & Hiatal Hernia as well.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

#367120 - 03/26/12 05:19 AM
recoverywfaith

Wow...did not know that. Thank you so much...I was getting really bummed. Very good to know.

#367123 - 03/26/12 05:19 PM
nutritionlover

Reged: 09/18/11

Your welcome! You may also see wheat flour called "enriched flour", and that's fine as well.

--------------------
IBS A (more D than C). Severe GERD & Hiatal Hernia as well.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8809 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3448

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review