All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Does everyone who has IBS not do well with dairy? I think...
      #36604 - 01/11/04 05:23 AM

Unregistered

that the little milk I use in coffee/cereal etc. doesn't seem to bother me. At least I don't think. Now in the past when I've had pizza or something, the next day I'm in the bathroom alot. I figure it was the cheese, oil etc. I'm so new to this. I'm not sure of my personal triggers yet. I'm trying to be careful and am beginning to love tea now so that helps the coffee urge. Also does anyone know if beer at all is IBS Friendly? I enjoy an occasional one. Haven't had one in months now though.
Thanks!
Oh...my colonoscopy was normal. I'm waiting for results to see if there is any collitis. He took a sample of the lininig. Not sure how they can check for that. My doctor was a dream!
Sandy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Does everyone who has IBS not do well with dairy? I think... new
      #36605 - 01/11/04 05:50 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I don't think you can use "everyone" and "IBS" in the same sentence and list any trigger or symptom... just about. We're all different. Dairy is one of the most universal ones -- that plus red meat & wheat. I know I can't have them. TRace amounts of dairy won't give me a full blown attack -- but I always know when I've had it - because I'll get gas, bloating -- or if it was a more substantial amount cramping. If I actually drank a glass of milk - or ate a hunk of cheese -- I'd be in the bathroom.

#36621 - 01/11/04 09:26 AM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hello, Regarding your question on beer it's not good news....

Beer is bad because of the alcohol and what gets me the most is the carbonation! I'm so much happier not drinking at all and I don't ever have to worry about waking up with a hangover anymore (I used be sick the whole next day from just 2 beers). The only amount of beer I have now is a sip from my husband's and that's it.

#36654 - 01/11/04 01:02 PM
Fia

Reged: 07/21/03
Loc: Sweden

I have IBS and now I've become lactose intolerant too. I found a list on the intenet with the ammount of lactose in various products. Skimmed milk powder(in milkchoclate, cookies, sausages etc.), ice cream, cream, milk, butter is high in lactose.
Hard cheese, bulgarian/greek feta, low-lactose products are ok to eat for most people. I have laktrase pills that I eat when I eat something that might contain a lot of lactose.
If you react to a pizza then its probably the fat in the cheese or the tomatoe sauce or something else in the topping that you cant tolerate.

I usually try to eat safe food for a few days and the I introduce only one new ingridient to the safe food to see if i react.

Good luck....

#37025 - 01/12/04 06:53 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

As you're trying to figure out your triggers, best avoid everything. For your coffee, there's so many non-dairy creamers available I don't even miss milk. For your cereal, there's yummy soy milk or rice or almond milk. As for beer, well, ... wait and see. If you try one, DON't do it on an empty stomach. Try one after a safe meal. Usually, the alcohol and carbonation cause bloating and attacks. Some people find they can tolerate one fine. Several - not a good idea.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#37056 - 01/13/04 12:27 AM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

i cant have dairy products at all. now for pizza i cant eat that to. its the pizza sauce whats causes problems for evweryone. hope you feel beter jesse. jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 544 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1647

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review