All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
nyc doctor experience & anyone try hypnosis?
      #365020 - 06/05/11 05:42 PM
rasputin

Reged: 02/15/08

I saw Dr. Gerson at the Mind-Body Digestive Center here in nyc - http://www.mindbodydigestive.com/

It was quite nice. He was familiar with the FODMAP diet that I've found effective. He seemed to understand me and my challenges and i'd highly recommend him for anyone with IBS symptoms.

He recommended a probiotic and methylcellulose fiber supplement. I haven't noticed a benefit from the probiotic but the fiber supplement has worked quite well. I was quite surprised since Heather's fiber products didn't help me.

I've yet to take him up on his final recommendation - hypnosis. Its about 8 classes, each an hour long. You're given a CD and exercises to do. Has anyone else tried such a program? what was your experience?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: nyc doctor experience & anyone try hypnosis? new
      #365022 - 06/06/11 05:16 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Gut-directed hypnotherapy has been shown to be quite effective for some people. There is plenty of clinical evidence to support its effectiveness. The International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders web site has an excellent article on Hypnosos Treatment of IBS that you might find informative. As you likely know there is hypno board on here where you can ask questions.

Give it a try and see how it goes. And tell us how it goes

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#365037 - 06/06/11 11:12 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

Hypnotherapy for IBS is very effective - Michael Mahoney, the author of the program sold here - the IBS Audio Program - has met Dr. Gerson.

Their protocol is extremely effective and they have excellent results - but for those who cannot travel or afford in-person therapy, equally good results are possible with the IBS Audio program as well.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask me - I have completed the program successfully, and assist Michael directly for patient support! All the best to you.

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

#365201 - 06/21/11 02:01 PM
hudlander

Reged: 09/26/10

Marilyn, what is your email?
I want to talk with you about hypno, am considering.

Syl can fill you in, he feels this is something I should do.

#365206 - 06/21/11 11:46 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

You can ask questions via this message board, or use the contact email for this website and ask them to fw it to me -not sure if they will, but worth a shot.

While I have seen the post suggesting hypno or the program for you, I am not sure if it would be a good fit for you - at least at this time due to the nature of your posts, diet issues, some of the symptoms, etc. But I could be wrong!

Why would Syl fill me in on recommending it to you - I dont understand that bit!

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

That is my question too -nt- new
      #365207 - 06/22/11 04:48 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2025 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2662

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review