All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Susie1985 new
      #364621 - 05/04/11 09:11 AM
Susie1985

Reged: 05/04/11

yes, thank you v much! it arrived in the post today, exciting. Although will only be able to start at the weekend!

Even the cover picture is soothing.

have had hypnosis in the past, not particularly for IBS though, and have always felt better, so am a great believer in hypnosis, always have been, so watch this space.

--------------------
now: stable through EFI+FODMAP dieting (no lactose/no fructose/some fructans and some polyols)

before: IBS-D(pseudo-diarrhoea), bloating, often unbearable pain esp from too much fat: Apr 2007- Dec 2010

FODMAPs: http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newarchives/072710p30.shtml

[I've tried VSL#3 -> I could tolerate v good amounts of IF (even with less SF), it worked great (but overall I find it too expensive)]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thank You! :) new
      #364627 - 05/04/11 12:27 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

Hi Susie - good move on the name change!

Glad you like the cover art - I am the artist!!!

Just again to remind you - try not to read or post too much (if at all) about IBS, whether your own, or others - as this will slow down or affect your progress rate.

Be patient with yourself - some folks see improvement early on, others, like myself, need to do the program over.

If you have any questions regarding your sessions or your progress, let me know just that you are having a question and we can take that off board, as we want to ensure everyone has a fresh take on the sessions, etc.

All the best to you hon, (HUGS) - There is hope!

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

Re: Thank You! :) new
      #364628 - 05/04/11 01:38 PM
Susie1985

Reged: 05/04/11

Haha, cover art IS really nice.

Will give the board and the rest a break once I start, but let me ask something practical, did the hypnosis help with the bloating?

--------------------
now: stable through EFI+FODMAP dieting (no lactose/no fructose/some fructans and some polyols)

before: IBS-D(pseudo-diarrhoea), bloating, often unbearable pain esp from too much fat: Apr 2007- Dec 2010

FODMAPs: http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newarchives/072710p30.shtml

[I've tried VSL#3 -> I could tolerate v good amounts of IF (even with less SF), it worked great (but overall I find it too expensive)]

Charts of IBS Symptoms addressed by the IBS Audio Program 100 new
      #364629 - 05/04/11 02:30 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

http://www.helpforibs.com/shop/books/hypnoibs.asp

Scroll down to first chart - far right is bloating, of which many people have found to be reduced or controlled.

However, the program addresses bloating as related to IBS only - not from other conditions such as those you list regarding dietary issues... again, for your situation, you may need to be realistic as you have a lot going on in addition to the IBS; ongoing dietary monitoring for your other concerns may 'signal' to you subconsiously that the IBS is always a part of your life, so you may benefit from some personal support in your particular case for optimum results.

Hope this helps! All the best~

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

Re: They say there's no cure for IBS, but... new
      #364719 - 05/12/11 09:33 AM
kem

Reged: 06/09/10

Quote:

if stress is the underlying stimulant, then examining your diet and restricting your diet will be enough stress to make symptoms worsen

I saw this post a while back, and have been meaning to reply to it ever since.

What I want to say is: Ain't that the truth?!! In fact, let's even say, "If stress is AN underlying stimulant . . ." Which we all know it to be.

I believe I have actually witnessed this to occur both in my daughter's case and in the cases of several people w/ibs who have shared their stories with me. The thing is . . . those other people did NOT notice that this had happened to them. I mean that they weren't aware that restricting their diets increased their stress which increased their ibs which increased their diet restrictions which . . ., even though it seemed pretty clear to me, listening to their tales. My daughter wasn't aware of it for herself either, though she could see it in the other people. I think it's VERY difficult to recognize that this is happening if it's YOU who is experiencing it; it's more recognizable to others that happen to know you and are paying attention. I really think the importance of this can not be overstated. And it's something that I found isn't discussed openly.

In fact, knowing this now makes sense of a particular odd conversation that I had with the one good gastro doc that we worked with. There was one conversation that I had with her in which she sort of cryptically implied that she had 'reasons' for NOT recommending restricting diet, including EFI, for ibs patients, even tho' she KNEW that it could be helpful. She was not against my working w/EFI, per se, (and she understood my desperation, considering my daughter's situation) but she still could/did not recommend it. She did not elaborate. This did not make sense to me at the time, but now it does.

I now believe that the reason she would not elaborate was that she did not want to draw our attention to the fact that it was actually possible for my daughter's situation to get worse than it already was (and it already was hellish). I witnessed my daughter at one point (quite understandably) begin to develop OCD-like symptoms that were stemming from her concern over diet and growing, conscious FEAR of particular foods and . . . those OCD-like symptoms ultimately exacerbate the ibs. As you all can easily imagine, or perhaps have even experienced as well. It's such a knife edge!

Any way, my daughter is well enough now that I can reflect back on what I have observed and this is one of those areas that I see as a major factor, so I've been wanting to share it in case it could help anyone else to be aware of.

[P.S. Keep in mind that I also observed and am grateful for my daughter's very real relief from EFI, too!]
kem (daughter w/ibs-d dx)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2175 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11842

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review