All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
unsweetened almond milk question....
      #364077 - 03/28/11 08:44 PM
skh

Reged: 08/05/09

would it be okay to have a big glass of unsweetened almond milk in the morning on an empty stomach? i don't eat breakfast but usually have some sourdough toast about 10 am each morning..wasn't sure if the milk is too much fat on an empty stomach...thanks..

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: unsweetened almond milk question.... new
      #364079 - 03/29/11 04:15 AM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

It seems to make my stomach feel bloated and uneasy when I do that but you should try it and see how you feel. Maybe you can add something to it like rice protein powder?
Ive been trying hemp milk which is lower in fat percentage and seems to be better for me.

Edited by Allisonmary (03/29/11 04:17 AM)

#364088 - 03/29/11 06:21 PM
skh

Reged: 08/05/09

What benefit would the rice protein be? Would it buffer the fat content ? Thanks!

#364089 - 03/29/11 06:40 PM
Allisonmary

Yea, well one tablespoon of the powder is 60 calories and only 0.5 grams of fat, so it should make the fat percentage of the almond drink lower. It probably would be best to eat something solid with it if you can though. In the mornings, alot of times I will have a little plain rice with the almond milk or hemp milk and a little salt and cinnamon. Its so good!

#364091 - 03/30/11 07:22 AM
Allisonmary

I just thought of something actually. Sometimes Ill have the almond milk with the protein powder and my stomach will get a little gassy still. Even though it adds calories, most of the calories are from protein not from carbohydrates, although there is some. So the drink is higher in protein and fat than carbs. THis may cause problems on an empty stomach I would think? Maybe adding some soluble fiber acacia to the drink would help balance it out.

#364179 - 04/08/11 10:36 AM
ngarcia1031

Reged: 04/08/11

I love Almond Milk.. I use it as my dairy milk alternative. I tried Soy Milk but it seemed to make me gasier and caused a few stomach issues for me. When I switched to Almond Milk I stopped having those issues. I usually have mine in the morning with my cereal (soluble fiber of course) and don't have any issues with it. I also cook with it and the plus side is my Husband took a liking to it.

Ohh and they have a non dairy dark chocolate milk that is really good as well. Since its dark chocolate there is not milk chocolate additives to it. They sweeten it with Vanilla so its not bitter like dark chocolate is.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 354 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2839

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review