All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Cold Medicine
      #363968 - 03/11/11 11:02 AM
gizmo

Reged: 07/28/10

I was wondering what kind of cold medicine would be safe for IBS. I usually take DayQuil/NyQuil and I don't recall it giving me any trouble but I wanted to see what anyone else thought or have any other suggestions. I need something for sore throat, runny/stuffy nose, headache. Your basic cold symptoms. If a liquid form would be better than taking a pill. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Cold Medicine new
      #363984 - 03/15/11 02:59 AM
Sheeda

Reged: 05/04/08
Loc: Barbados

i usually take a pill instead of liquid... some of the liquid ones have alcohol which is an ibs trigger.

--------------------
“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.”- Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: Cold Medicine new
      #363985 - 03/15/11 04:30 AM
gizmo

Reged: 07/28/10

Thanks so much! I took it and it didn't seem to give me any trouble. However it wasn't making my cold feel any better so I ended up at the doctors yesterday. She put me on Zyrtec-D and Afrin nose spray. Then gave me prescriptions for Flonase nasal spray with a steroid in it and also a Steroid pack of MethyIPREDNISolone. She's got me all drugged up .But I do believe the steroid pack is triggering the IBS a little bit. I've had some trouble. But this stuff is making my cold feel better so I'm going to keep taking it. It's only a 6 day thing and I did take 6 pills yesterday. We'll see what happens. Today I take 5 pills.

Thanks so much for your input on the DayQuil/Nyquil and I will remember that in the future when I use that.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1180 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2466

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review