All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Odd Reaction to Diet
      #363903 - 03/06/11 02:48 PM
Tyler

Reged: 03/06/11

I am having an odd reaction to this diet. My stomach pain which has been almost constant since 2003 has been greatly helped (there are even points when I notice no pain whatsoever).

However, the number of attacks has at least trippled over the three weeks that I have been following the diet. Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on and how can fix it?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Odd Reaction to Diet new
      #363916 - 03/07/11 05:43 AM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

What foods are you eating now that are different than what you were eating off the diet?

#363920 - 03/07/11 09:48 AM
Tyler

Reged: 03/06/11

I have mainly been eating rice, flour tortillas, pasta, french bread, and chicken. These have been fixed different ways but always in accordance with some recipe in either Eating for IBS or IBS the First Year (with the exception of a dish consisting of chicken, pasta, and Marinara sauce--I do not recall seeing much about Marinara).

Regardless, I have always started with soluble fiber and those few questionable meals (the Marinara sauce or the few heavily modified dishes from restaurants) does not seem to be related to occurance of the flare ups.

Thanks!!!

#363927 - 03/07/11 07:26 PM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

Well, wHat are the ingredients in the breads? Not all breads are safe. Sometimes tortillas have added ingredients to increase the fiber. And sometimes they may have HFCS. Have you alwyas had chicken? Did you make sure the kind you bought was a low fat kind?
Or maybe you are a little intolerant to wheat and now you are eating too much of it?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3169 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1636

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review