All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Is this stress?
      #363269 - 02/01/11 04:28 PM
NASCARAFN161

Reged: 01/09/11

For the past few weeks especially, I've been feeling numerous feelings of which remixes me of what people said was stress. But I don't know, since the last major attack i had was last Monday. Just recently, I've been involved in a discussion, and I almost lost my cool. I got angry, or something, it's REALLY hard to explain. It almost felt like there were "knots" in my tummy,which I believe is a common way people explain stress. But, since it felt like I was taking my stress out, It didn't feel bad. So, does anyone know what I felt? thank you!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is this stress? new
      #363276 - 02/02/11 06:37 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Anger and frustration produce stress and the knots in you tummy are a definite indicator that you are experiencing stress.

What do you think is the cause of the anger and frustration?

Can you think of a way to avoid or reduce the anger and frustrationi when it starts?

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#363283 - 02/02/11 12:31 PM
NASCARAFN161

Oh, well my grandpa and I sometimes have arguments about IBS. You see, it's really hard to find out who to believe, because regardless of what I did that he said not to do, which was worry, I would only sometimes get attacks or pains. But, that was the same way with what you guys told me not to do, which was the stuff that I ate. And I've been suffering with confusion, as a result. And sometimes, when I wanted to finally solve this with grandpa, our IBS-related discussions sometimes went into arguments. I hope you all understand that I'm going through a tough compromise, which is if it doesn't give me any attacks to my knowledge, I'll eat it. But the reason why this is tough, is that ever since I started eating IBS-healthy foods, I have been losing weight, and I don't want that to get carried away.

Anyways, that's basically why me and my grandpa have those discussions and they sometimes get a little heated. In other words, that is what i think you mean by the "cause" of this anger.

#363288 - 02/02/11 05:08 PM
Syl

You are an insightful person. Many of us encounter the same stress when trying to explain to friends and family what we need to do to minimize the discomfort. And I know for certain most of them are confused too. There is a lot of misinformation floating around. Particularly on the Internet

You say IBS runs in your family. Does your grandpa have IBS too?

Is loosing weight a good or bad thing? However, from the foods you have listed it seems as if you are not getting enough protein from chicken, fish, seafood and beans if you can eat them.

--------------------

Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach

#363289 - 02/02/11 05:43 PM
NASCARAFN161

Yes, he has it. Although he drinks coffee, alcohol, and a lot of different meats, and doesn't really get pains.

And yes, at my point of bring slightly too light, losing weight is really dangerous. We have Bush's baked beans. I've tried them before, but I dint think they give me pains. There's this little pill called Beano, and it's supposed to help with eating stuff like beans.

#363299 - 02/03/11 08:49 AM
Syl

Do you think you can get some chicken, fish, turkey and seafood into your diet too?

--------------------

#363305 - 02/03/11 02:38 PM
NASCARAFN161

I eat turkey bacon. Is that alright?

#363306 - 02/03/11 02:42 PM
gizmo

Reged: 07/28/10

Although turkey bacon is OK to eat in moderation it's not the most healthy thing to eat. Bacon is processed. I would suggest eating regular turkey. Try eating ground turkey or turkey breast to get the nutrients you need.

#363307 - 02/03/11 03:46 PM
Syl

Prepared meats like turkey bacon tend to have preservatives which are unhealthy and potential IBS triggers. Canned salmon, tuna, oysters, mussels and crab have lots of nutrients, vitamins and heart health oils A grilled chicken breast or turkey slices is really great too and easy to prepare.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1475 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3825

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review