All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Food sensitivity testing
      #363049 - 01/21/11 10:30 AM
30yearvet

Reged: 01/21/11

Has anyone had MRT testing for food sensitivities and tried the LEAP program? I'm considering it, but it's expensive. Would love to know if it has been effective for others.

--------------------
30 years of IBS-D, now trying soluble fiber, avoiding food triggers and doing the hypnotherapy program.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Food sensitivity testing new
      #363050 - 01/21/11 11:23 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Welcome to the board,

Check Allegries: Dubious Diagnosis and Treatments on the QuackWatch web site. Here is a link to a description on valid allergy tests recommended. It is best to get a referral to an allergy doctor for food sensitivity tests.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#363052 - 01/21/11 03:26 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Hi, I am curious. What is the Leap program? Thanks

#363055 - 01/21/11 07:33 PM
30yearvet

Thanks. It's hard to know what to believe...

--------------------
30 years of IBS-D, now trying soluble fiber, avoiding food triggers and doing the hypnotherapy program.

#363056 - 01/21/11 07:45 PM
30yearvet

I'm no expert, but "LEAP" stands for the "Lifestyle Eating and Performance" dietary care program. I think it's connected with Signet Diagnostics. That group does the food sensitivity testing (Mediator Release Test). Then based on the results, an individual diet plan is designed. I think I've decided not to go that route. It's very pricey and conventional medicine (at least the Quack-Watch guy) apparently doesn't consider it an effective approach.

--------------------

#363061 - 01/22/11 06:40 AM
Gerikat

Thanks! If you could provide me with your personal email, I could address something with you. If not, I understand.

#363094 - 01/23/11 09:23 PM
30yearvet

Would I send my email address in a private message? I don't know how to do that yet. I'm not interested if you are selling something. (Don't mean to offend, but since I'm new to the site and don't know you, I thought I should be honest).

--------------------

#363108 - 01/24/11 03:58 PM
Gerikat

Oh no, I am not selling anything. Just wanted to offer you a piece of advice, off the boards. You can put your email in your profile, I will grab it, then you can remove it.

You can't private message here, so if you put it there, I will see it and let you know, then if you don't want it there, you can remove it.

#363112 - 01/24/11 08:34 PM
30yearvet

OK.

--------------------

#363134 - 01/25/11 03:34 PM
Gerikat

Hey, got your email and just sent you my concerns. Thanks and welcome to the boards!

#363151 - 01/26/11 12:39 PM
30yearvet

Thanks!

--------------------

#363167 - 01/26/11 07:20 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

Was just going to say Geri is OK!! LOL. She and I have talked and she is a great person!

Good call on not going with the LEAP - food insensitivities, allergies, etc. are not IBS - it can be quite confusing to be sure! All the best to you.

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

#363176 - 01/27/11 08:36 AM
Gerikat

Why thanks Marilyn! You are so knowledgeable about IBS. I loved speaking with you too. Someone who's on the same page, so to speak. Keep doing the wonderful work you do and offering help to so many.

#363223 - 01/29/11 08:45 AM
30yearvet

Thanks for the affirmation!

--------------------

#367256 - 04/16/12 11:49 AM
OESGal

Reged: 02/14/12
Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

Well, I see this is an old thread, but thought I'd say something about this. I recently had the MRT Testing and it came back with lots of sensitivities that are very common and found in so many of the foods we eat everyday. I had unresolved IBS issues, having diarrhea to one degree or another almost every day (now perhaps my GI doc is wrong about an IBS diagnosis, I don't know). Since working to eliminate all the things I've been found to be sensitive to, I've felt much better and been having mostly normal bowel movements. This testing was suggested by my nutritionist and ordered subsequently by my GI doctor.
I had been trying the IBS diet suggested here for about 6 months with only a slight improvement. One main reason is that I am sensitive to wheat, rice & yeast, among many other things. So I'd say, it cannot hurt to know if you are sensitive to these things that are so common.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5486 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7448

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review