All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anyone taking Modulon? for spastic colon?
      #36291 - 01/09/04 12:25 PM
SarahFroggy

Reged: 01/08/04
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I've been taking Modulon (trimebutine maleat) since September and I do feel better but sometimes think that if my diet was more under control i might not need it?
Just wondering if anyone else was taking it and how their experiences have been?

thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anyone taking Modulon? for spastic colon? new
      #36349 - 01/09/04 03:02 PM
Tootsie

Reged: 12/03/03
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I take Modulon. I am very careful with what I eat but find that stress seems to be the more influential factor for me. Anyway, I have also been taking it since September. I tried going off it once and got worse so I resumed taking it. I find that it may not completely prevent D from occurring but it seems to help. It also seems to help with general abdominal pain. What does it do for you? Are you D or C type?

#36399 - 01/09/04 07:13 PM
SarahFroggy

Reged: 01/08/04
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I feel it is doing the same things for me that it is doing for you. i have also tried to get off of it and had the same results. i'm D also and stress is a major factor in my well being university is not helping stress levels at all..hehe i don't think modulon is preventing the D completely thank goodness for immodium its a lifesaver.

#36484 - 01/10/04 12:17 PM
Tootsie

Reged: 12/03/03
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Wow, that's cool. We're in the same boat! University is stressful for me too. I have just recently accepted the fact that stress is playing a big role in my episodes. I have one anywhere from once every week to once a month. The more calm and optimistic I can remain, the longer I go in between episodes. What do you do to tone down the stress? I just started Mike's hypnotherapy. I think I'm a prime candidate for this. By the way, Modulon is only available in Canada so don't expect a lot of other responses. I have tried in the past and then realized this.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5180 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1648

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review