All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
those with IBS and Fibro
      #362503 - 12/14/10 12:07 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I am once again just checking my symptoms for fibro. I don't have the tender parts or the fibro fog or painful periods or migraines. I do have days of bad fatigue, aches and pains, especially between shoulder blades, general yucky fluish feeling, slight 'neck headache', slight nausea. I used to get this a few times a year for a day and now have it 50% of the time. I am seeing an internal doctor next week and want info on whether this could be fibro or really isn't.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: those with IBS and Fibro new
      #362505 - 12/14/10 04:24 PM
goodcop1

Reged: 08/02/05
Loc: Hilton Head South Carolina

Hi Minnie,
I actually had those symptoms when I first was diagnosed. They go away sometimes for months, and come back for a visit for a stretch as well. Some yoga stretches, exercise and the hypno tapes help me thru the worst bouts.

--------------------
"Thru Him with Him and in Him".

#362507 - 12/14/10 04:40 PM
buttons07

Reged: 11/11/10

Hi Minnie,
I was diagnosed with fibro 10 years ago at the age of 20 after about 5 years of migraine headaches, unexplained back and neck soreness and stiffness on awakening. The doctors tested for everything under the sun before making this decision and I have been on amitriptyline ever since with great success. Exercise such as walking, swimming, yoga and Pilates are things I now cannot live without and am basically pain free unless I over do it.
Best of luck x

#362514 - 12/15/10 04:45 AM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

Hi LIttle Minnie, I meet alot of people with fibro at work and the main diagnosis is the 11 tender spots. It doesnt really sound like fibro to me. Have you tried getting off some of the soy products? I remember reading your posts that you eat and drink a lot of soy milk.. i think ive told you before but in my eastern nutrition classes we learned that some people are negatively affected by soy and your symptoms; fatigue, digestive issues, bloating, achiness, and nausea do match the symptoms my professor described. Ive heard enough first hand case studies about it to know that there is some truth to it- and my teacher is such a smart guy, his father is like a famous doctor in China. Hopefully its not the prob becuase I know you are vegetarian and probably depend have a lot of soy. Also, wHat about too much sugar? Or anemia; low red blood cells, magnesium deficiency, or hypothyroidism? Have you been checked for stones?
hope u feel better soon!

#362515 - 12/15/10 06:42 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Thanks,
actually I don't drink much soy milk- use it in recipes some. When I started with this condition many years ago it was pre-IBS diet and so no soy.
I am a firm believer in nothing being wrong with OG soy. The GE soy now-a-days is what has contributed to more allergies. That is, I am very stubborn about the soy issue.

I have had all the blood tests done over the years -all negative. I have had these "general malaise" days for years- just used to be a few times a year and now real often.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#362617 - 12/20/10 07:03 PM
shelgirl

Reged: 09/22/09
Loc: Wisconsin

Not to disagree with the soy, but, just curious if you have ever tried hemp milk?

--------------------
IBS-D. Eating gluten and dairy free.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 635 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2245

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review