All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
problems with soy
      #362380 - 12/05/10 09:08 PM
jennkenn

Reged: 10/02/10
Loc: Long Island, NY

The past two nights I have been in severe pain after eating soy milk products. Last night I had soy dream vanilla ice cream and the gas/shooting I got only minutes after eating it were so intense I couldn't move. I wanted to test it again tonight (no not to put myself in pain on purpose!), so I made instant chocolate putting with soy milk. I am in terrible pain! The pudding had no dairy in it so I know it's not from that. I feel like I can't win. I stopped drinking fat-free cow's milk about 2 months ago because it had been bothering me on and off. I am not lactose intolerant so I am tempted to try drinking it again. I just feel so confused all the time about my stomach pains. If it's not one thing, it's another. I don't want to switch to rice milk because I really need the protein from either the soy or cow's milk if I decide to go back to drinking it. I do drink chamomile tea when I get these pains, which helps. Does anyone know anything about soy milk and stomach pains? Any information would be great

--------------------
IBS-A...just looking for some answers!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: problems with soy new
      #362381 - 12/06/10 04:15 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Many individuals cannot handle soy. I cannot. Some people find that if they take Beano before eating a soy product it helps with the gas. You might try that. Otherwise it might be best to avoid soy products like many of us do.

You can get protein from many sources other than milk and soy. For example, oatmeal, beans, nuts, bread, chicken, fish, seafood, peanut butter, etc are loaded with protein.

Good luck

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4220 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2193

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review