All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Inconsistent BM's
      #361433 - 10/14/10 06:12 AM
gas_tank

Reged: 08/25/10
Loc: Michigan

Just wondering how you can have dry round bm's 1 or 2 days in a week, and then wham have a normal bm? What makes it be different one day then another? I drink 3-4 16.9 fl oz waters each day, take 2 tbs acacia fiber in the am, 1 magnesium pill every day and 1 align every other day. I eat fruit & SF and some veggies. I exercise 4-5 days a week for 30-60 minutes. Am I missing something? Of course, the round bm's only happen during the week while I am at work and I have normal bm's on the weekends.

--------------------
IBS-C 20+yrs with gas, bloating, knife sharpening pains during an attack

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Inconsistent BM's new
      #361439 - 10/14/10 09:33 PM
kem

Reged: 06/09/10

Quote:

Am I missing something? Of course, the round bm's only happen during the week while I am at work

Don't you love the way you answered yourself there!
That's it, isn't it? The one thing that is different is the stress load . . . You actually had your own answer.

kem (daughter w/ibs-d)

#361442 - 10/15/10 06:46 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

What do you eat differently during the week compared to weekends? Things like this can sometimes provide clues for improving dietary management of IBS symptoms. It could only be stress then again it might not.

Are you normally IBS-A, IBS-C or IBS-D? It helps to put this information in your signature.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#361449 - 10/15/10 12:50 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I was the same exact way. On the weekends when I knew I could relax and did not have to leave the house...guess what? no problems. As soon as Monday rolled around, I could not get out of the bathroom.

What stopped this pattern for me was the hypnosis cd's. I very seldom have any issues anymore. I just don't give it much thought. They are reasonably priced, sold right here, and they work wonders for most people.

#361467 - 10/16/10 06:48 AM
bermudakate

Reged: 11/06/07

ditto!!!! the hypnosis cds are AMAZING. they have changed my life. $90 for something that has completely improved my life for the better is totally worth it..

--------------------
stable IBS-A

#361471 - 10/16/10 07:19 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

Have to agree - for many people who have tried every single thing, and still nothing helps, they reluctantly try hypnotherapy as a last resort!

The IBS Audio Program CDs sold on this site have helped thousands of IBS patients who have failed with other treatments, medications, diets, supplements, etc. For the vast majority of those users, this has been their way forward - and most without dietary concerns as well!

So there is hope there - doesnt work for everyone - but does work for most - the key is to be patient and not give up!

This program has been discussed on the internet since about 1998, in many locations, so there are honest reviews pro and con - and of course, for any IBS treatment there are those that don't work, and there are those that have not asked for further support, or completed the program.

But like most folks, I too had to be convinced to try it! And that was back in 2000 - since then there have been over 10 years of positive feedback - and again, this is after patients who have failed with meds, supplements, etc.

Won't hurt to take a peak!

All the best - and thanks Gerikat and Bermudakate for encouraging others with your stories - it is so helpful to those who are suffering and have so much info to sort through!

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

Gerikat and Bermudakate new
      #361472 - 10/16/10 07:25 PM
Marilyn

Hi Gerikat and Bermudakate -

Would either of you be interested in finding out about possibly helping Mike encourage others? If so, please leave a message mentioning this post from me on 877-898-2539 if you are in the US or Canada.

Many, many thanks! and no worries if not...

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

Re: Gerikat and Bermudakate new
      #361476 - 10/17/10 02:12 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Would love to! I will call the number. Thanks!

#361479 - 10/17/10 05:06 PM
bermudakate

Reged: 11/06/07

most definitely! i will call this week.

--------------------
stable IBS-A

#361481 - 10/17/10 05:15 PM
Marilyn

Thanks a MILLION, to you both!! (((HUGS)) -

I will let Mike know and he will be very pleased... this will be so helpful to encourage others... many many thanks! xx

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3050 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4239

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review