All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
bloating!
      #360909 - 09/13/10 12:12 PM
bermudakate

Reged: 11/06/07

i have had NO BLOATING for a week!!!!! absolutely incredible. tummy fiber+IBS hypnosis+fennel tea= magic! sorry, just had to share my excitement

--------------------
stable IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: good news! new
      #360916 - 09/13/10 07:38 PM
kem

Reged: 06/09/10

That is very exciting! It's great when folks share the happy milestones because we can all get a ray of hope from your news.
On that note, I will share that my daughter had a wonderful first day back to school today! This is really something - she had missed the last 3 weeks of school back in June and had been miserable for months prior to that, too. So . . . yay for both of you.
Who else has good news?!
kem (12 yr-old daughter w/ibs-d)

#360922 - 09/14/10 01:07 AM
CellSalts_Work

Reged: 08/15/10

The EFI diet is certainly valid (with minor tweaking, like MUSHROOMS are IF and even mushy mushrooms wreak terrible havoc with my colon...) but my IBS is kinda stabilising, coming along slowly and getting better by the day, so quite happy about that.

--------------------
Susie, born in 1985,
(pseudo-)D and bloating April 2007-December 2010, now stable

#360923 - 09/14/10 05:44 AM
bermudakate

yay for your daughter!! and cell salts, for you too! i think the EFI diet is a good start but IBS is definitely very individualized...i can tolerate some things quite well that i "shouldn't" and can't tolerate some things i should be able to, but that is part of this journey i guess, finding a diet that works...
i find it very helpful to read on here when people are doing well...it gives us all hope! i still wake up feeling sorta queasy/ab pain in the morning, but it tends to stabilize during the day, thank god.

--------------------
stable IBS-A

Re: bloating! new
      #360939 - 09/14/10 02:49 PM
LilyWhizz

Reged: 09/05/10

It's really encouraging to hear other people's positive results
I've just received the Tummy Fibre and fennel tea bags today. How long did it take using these before you started to notice a difference? Was it a gradual improvement? The bloating is the most troubling symptom for me as it makes me look pregnant and I feel so self conscious about it. I'm really hoping Heather's products will help.

Lily

--------------------
IBS-C with bloating and distention

#360944 - 09/15/10 04:07 AM
Ace1337

Reged: 09/15/10

I'm happy for you. I got rid of bloating with peppermint oil. Best thing ever.

#360947 - 09/15/10 04:18 AM
CellSalts_Work

Reged: 08/15/10

Just had a read of your link.

I too would be inclined to think that it's better to have peppermint oil capsules right before a meal, rather than 2 hours in advance. Especially as I eat every 1.5/2 hours anyway, so I physically can't take it that way as that would make it right after food which is again discouraged.

That pepogel is a US thing, in your experience does it matter what brand of peppermint oil tablets you go for?

And are you not following the EFI diet btw?

--------------------
Susie, born in 1985,
(pseudo-)D and bloating April 2007-December 2010, now stable

#360951 - 09/15/10 07:05 AM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

Do peppermint altoids work the same as the pep caps except they have some sugar added? I find the altoids help me sometimes. What are the ingredients in the pep caps,just pep oil?

#360954 - 09/15/10 07:29 AM
bermudakate

bloating is definitely my worst symptom too. in my opinion (or at least what has worked for me) the acacia just helps everything, fennel is very good for gas and bloating, and peppermint is excellent for pain/cramping. those are my drugs of choice oh! and the hypnosis..i have a little more to go but that has cut down on stress a lot...and i am one of those whose symptoms REALLY flareup when i am stressed.

--------------------
stable IBS-A

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2339 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4135

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review