All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
cell salts q
      #360853 - 09/08/10 09:00 PM
kem

Reged: 06/09/10

I noticed that CellSalts Work posted that MgPh is the most likely cell salt product to use for cramping. That's what I thought . . . however, my daughter gave MgPh (Hylands, taken according to the package directions) a really good try (many weeks) and we were able to discern no improvement. (She had severe, disabling cramps at the time, so it was pretty easy to see when something we tried had any effect.) I wonder what we might have done differently? Any thoughts?
kem (daughter w/ibs-d)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: cell salts q new
      #360854 - 09/09/10 01:26 AM
CellSalts_Work

Reged: 08/15/10

oh dear that is not good news. I have never taken Hylands, but either New Era or a German brand, both containing lactose unfortunately, both are in tablet form.

In case of emergency I did the 'hot 7' if that's the correct term, a couple of Mg-ph tablets in boiling hot water and drink it in sips. Also helps with menstrual cramping which for me is often debilitating especially since I've had IBS.

Otherwise I don't dissolve them in water, but in the mouth and I do that half an hour before meals (and with not eating anything for half an hour beforehand either).

I use MgPh for cramping, but that's more like symptomatic remedy-ing. I do have other ailments, like insomnia and mild OCD, I am very sensitive, my energy levels drop easily etc, so those are needed to be looked after as well, besides, you know that I have IBS-C, ie whenever there is cramping it's usually because I need to empty my bowels but I just can't, cos the whole system is in one big cramp. For this I use Silicea and Kalium-Phosphoricum which are a greater help than Mg-Ph, and Kalium-Phos (potassium-ph) hugely helps with the tiredness and sensitiveness etc as well.

Please note that this is probably pseudo-scientific as I have tried the cell salts and all other people I know that tried it reported the same and it worked for all of us, but I with no proper scientific background can only go on non-experiments like that and personal error and trial.

Best of luck, perhaps look through that word doc in my signature/bio which is very detailed and try more cell salts at once? I also have to admit that there are slight variations in terms of brands, the one I get in Britain (New Era) seems less effective than the German brand I get in Hungary.

--------------------
Susie, born in 1985,
(pseudo-)D and bloating April 2007-December 2010, now stable

Re: cell salts q new
      #360874 - 09/09/10 08:10 PM
kem

Reged: 06/09/10

OK, thanks for the info. I'll look into it more - as now I am able to take the time to do so since things are a good deal better.
We had used the cell salts directly in the mouth, and we were using a certain number of doses daily, plus extra doses 'as needed' for attacks (which were many per day at the worst point). I hadn't known about the water method - sounds very much like the homeopathic 'water remedy' which is meant for emergency situations, also.
Incidentally, my daughter's got the menstrual/hormonal component as a significant trigger of IBS, too. Sigh . . .
kem (daughter w/ibs-d)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3543 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1414

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review