All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Only SF today and I'm miserable
      #360249 - 08/11/10 05:12 PM
minks

Reged: 08/08/10
Loc: Newport Beach, CA

I started my SF diet last night and now I am absolutely miserable. It's not so much the cramping but I feel like I"m going to explode. When can I expect some movement? I am also taking 1 1/2 tsp acacia fiber in split dose. (I'd kill for an orange!)

--------------------
IBS-C Started out of the blue end of May 2010. I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and GI problems are pretty common with that. I've been fairly lucky up til now.

Edited by minks (08/11/10 05:15 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Only SF today and I'm miserable new
      #360253 - 08/11/10 10:08 PM
fairleas

Reged: 05/05/09
Loc: USA

Forgive me for not knowing, but are you IBS-C or IBS-D?

--------------------
IBS-D since...well, a long time
(probiotic acidophilous, SF supplements, IBS eating plan)
my blog

#360259 - 08/12/10 11:21 AM
minks

HI, I'm IBS-C. THings are much better today. No major problems and I did poop some. I'm so glad I found this diet.

--------------------
IBS-C Started out of the blue end of May 2010. I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and GI problems are pretty common with that. I've been fairly lucky up til now.

#360261 - 08/12/10 11:25 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

It is useful to indicate that you are IBS-C in your signature so others will know what advice to give you. You can modify your signature by going to 'My Home' indicated at the top of the page.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#360352 - 08/16/10 08:02 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

You have to get some fiber in there to get things moving. Walking helps alot. I don't know what kind of unsouble fiber you can handle but try to get some in there. Make blueberry muffins and try them. Smoothies are a great way to get them in. hth
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#360357 - 08/16/10 10:38 AM
minks

I'm eating ISF daily. Small, orange, blueberries with applesauce and almond milk daily. Last night I tried some broccoli but I was already really bloated so not sure if it was a problem. Today is good so far so I'll try broccoli and potatoes again tonight with a pork chop.

I have a chronic illness and sometimes even getting out of bed is a challenge so I have to work with what I got.

--------------------

whoa new
      #360359 - 08/16/10 12:58 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

You need to re-read the diet before you say you are doing it and it isn't working. You can't eat pork! first of all. And you say you are eating all SF but then say you are eating broccoli, almond milk, oranges and blueberries. Just stick with the easier to digest foods. I believe you should have some IF fruits and veggies but they should be the easier to digest ones in easier to digest forms like smoothies, mashed or so on.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: whoa new
      #360361 - 08/16/10 01:08 PM
minks

I just got the book so I didn't know pork was not allowed (it is the other white meat). I'm just starting to read it. My first post was almost a week ago when I was completely clueless.

Let me back up and be it a little clearer. If I eat IF it is only after SF. The orange was after a toasted muffin with some chicken. I make a smoothie with the blueberries and I use almond milk which I thought was ok (I don't eat soy) and put a TBS applesauce in which I also thought was ok.

I chopped up a tiny amount of broccoli to see how I would do with it and mixed it with potatoes and chicken.

Right now I'm just trying to figure out what I can tolerate and what I can't. Greenbeans are ok, asparagus not so much!
I was told it's trial and error.

--------------------

#360369 - 08/16/10 07:02 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

There's a lot of information on this website that you can read, rather quickly.
You might want to do the Break the Cycle diet
Break the Cycle
I suggest for someone C predominant to throw in IF but just in baked goods, blended or mashed or cooked real well into stuff. Drink a lot, get exercise and slowly increase your fiber supplement.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#360376 - 08/17/10 06:25 AM
Legalgirl

Reged: 08/09/10

Yeah-I have to agree with Minnie. Too many things on there that are IF. Here's an idea-try the rice milk instead of almond. It comes in both plain and vanilla. I find the taste to be the same, if not better. I just tried some some for the first time last night, and I'm still a little nervous about it. Hope you feel better soon-let us know.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1957 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5055

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review