All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
if your stomach is empty..
      #360196 - 08/09/10 07:19 PM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

Sometimes I cant find anything to eat when I am out and so I don't eat. I know an empty stomach is not good and it seems no matter what I have on an empty stomach bothers me to some degree. What do you think is the best thing to have on an empty stomach, soluble fiber like rice first or would it be better to have something like peppermint tea?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: if your stomach is empty.. new
      #360200 - 08/09/10 08:13 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Personally, I would go with the rice first given those options.

However, I also found that 2 fiber con tablets (SF) would calm things down for me when I couldn't get to food right away. I carry a small tin of them in my purse and refill as needed.

#360201 - 08/09/10 08:19 PM
fairleas

Reged: 05/05/09
Loc: USA

I always carry some Fibercon tablets with me, and if I can't find anything to eat then I'll pop a couple of those with some water. It gives my stomach a little something to chew on. I do try to carry some IBS-friendly snacks with me, like those little tubs of natural applesauce (no HFCS) or a banana or maybe some of those little bagel crisps.

--------------------
IBS-D since...well, a long time
(probiotic acidophilous, SF supplements, IBS eating plan)
my blog

#360202 - 08/09/10 08:20 PM
fairleas

Reged: 05/05/09
Loc: USA

If I remember right, since SF should be the basis of our meals, maybe SF should go into the stomach first. Kinda like a buffer. I know I always try to eat a few bites of the SF first. Maybe you could try it and see if that works?

--------------------
IBS-D since...well, a long time
(probiotic acidophilous, SF supplements, IBS eating plan)
my blog

#360217 - 08/10/10 01:55 PM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Snorkie is right.
I love fibercon! Been using it for years! Works great if your tummy is empty. I pop 2 of those with a big glass of water as soon as I order my meal, and by the time my meal comes I am ready!

Good luck!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#360304 - 08/13/10 07:09 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Both! Peppermint tea and rice! Why not? Carrying a tea bag in your purse is a good idea. Also carry a cereal bar or bag of pretzels or something like that if possible.
I hate not finding anything to eat. If I go ahead and order poultry just to eat something (I am trying to give up poultry) that gives me more options. When I am really trying to be vegan it is sometimes so hard at restaurants! And sometimes you order something and something you didn't expect comes out to you! Like I ordered what I thought would be potstickers the other day and they were fried cream cheese and seafood wontons not potstickers, oops. Or ordering soup that ends up being creamy soup. It is tough!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3045 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2520

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review