All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ow....
      #358615 - 05/14/10 07:39 AM
kemulvey

Reged: 07/05/04
Loc: Mass.

I've been being fairly vigilant about eating good-for-me food. And I have watched my fat intake, cut out soda, caffeine, coffee all kinds of things on Heather's list having followed the diet for close to four years, and then this past weekend I got sick.

And I've been dealing with D ever since off and on despite eating soluble fiber almost exclusively since Sunday. I did try a little white meat chicken and it stuck. But I just don't feel right yet. It probably doesn't help that I have to give a singing recital on Sunday and I haven't sung in 5 years.

I've been eating no-fat pretzels and bananas and just tried oatmeal and everything seems OK but I feel weak and tired.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Karen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ow.... new
      #358617 - 05/14/10 08:54 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Get lots of sleep,drink water and don't eat any triggers no matter how much you want to.
Good luck with your recital,I'm sure once you get in the "zone" you'll be fine...

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#358618 - 05/14/10 08:59 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

It's not really fair but even people with IBS get intestinal viruses so that might be what caused your weekend symptoms. Stick to Soluble Fiber and safe protein, try to eat lots of small amounts throughout the day - you'll feel less weak and tired if you can get more calories down - and peppermint tea if you can tolerate it.

Good luck with the recital on Sunday and remember that Imodium is always available if needed. If nothing else, it will help ease your mind about your symptoms.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#358620 - 05/14/10 09:27 AM
kemulvey

Thanks, Sand.
I'm worried about using that (Immodium) because I haven't had any sort of movement at all since Wednesday morning and all I ate on Tuesday was dry pasta with salt. It's gotten to the point where thought I'm using my Acacia (I'm taking just one teaspoon at a time-- twice a day)and drinking my pot of medicinal peppermint tea, I feel like I need to eat more, but I'm so afraid of that blinding pain coming back...

Ever get that way?

Thanks for the support!
Karen

#358621 - 05/14/10 09:29 AM
kemulvey

If I can find the zone, I'll get in there... thanks!
And believe me, I've slept more this week than I have in the past two. (Been pulling 12-hour nights) I must be sick.

#358636 - 05/14/10 03:22 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

Ever get that way?

Oh, yeah. For me, though, as long as I stuck to foods on the Soluble Fiber list I was always safe. Some days that meant nibbling on French bread, pasta with garlic salt, and pretzels from morning to night.

The other thing I found was that when I had a really ferocious IBS-D attack, it would sometimes take 3 days after I got it calmed down before I could go again. I think my system was just totally empty. So with any luck you'll start to feel better tomorrow. I certainly hope so.

Take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1752 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2790

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review