All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How do you keep such a postive attitude eating like this?
      #358166 - 04/28/10 05:42 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

This is hell. How do you keep such a postive additude about this I eat the same thing every single week. I can't do spices but salt or pepper. So i repeat the same recipes all the time. Life is suppose to be about choices and I have none when it comes to food but. I can only have what don't make me sick. How is this not suppose to depress me. I miss simply food so bad like beans and broccoli and eating simple meals with always having poatoes, rice, pasta or bread. This is so rough every day. I know when I go to town it has to be subway turkey sandwitch how depressing. Can anyone help? Thanks for listening...Having a bad day..
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How do you keep such a postive attitude eating like this? new
      #358169 - 04/28/10 06:42 PM
Bel920

Reged: 03/22/10
Loc: Nevada

Does the diet help you dramatically? For me that's good enough to get over some of the monotony. I'd gladly eat cardboard for every meal if it meant I could function as a normal person. I also find that I am able to tolerate quite a bit of variety as long as I eat it "properly" (i.e., with a good SF base, small meals throughout the day....) Veggies I cook very well and often puree into sauces for pasta or soups, etc...

I don't know your history, how long you've been at this, or what foods you can or can't have, but I do know that it's not always easy. I hope you can find your way out of your rut!

--------------------
Belinda
IBS-A since 1986 (age 8)
Recently realized I could do
something about it!

#358170 - 04/28/10 06:47 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Hey Sheila post what you actually make.Maybe we can help you make something different with the same ingredients.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#358174 - 04/28/10 07:22 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I eat all that and much more! My diet is hugely varied and exciting but perhaps my gut isn't as touchy about that now as some people. Generally though, when I hear about people who eat a super limited diet and think that can't get past 10 safe foods they are: not taking acacia fiber or not enough, not eating enough fruits and veggies in a safe way, don't understand the foods recommended for EFI, and possibly too scared to expand the diet.
In Heather's words the break the cycle diet is not supposed to last very long and foods need to be introduced a few at a time in safe ways.
However, if you are craving junk food and not just expanded healthy foods that is a different story. Give up the notion of greasy pizza, hamburgers and french fries forever. There are a few ways to satisfy those cravings in a safe way.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2950 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1396

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review