All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I need help!!!
      #358163 - 04/28/10 02:12 PM
iluvmk4evr

Reged: 07/27/09

okay so I've noticed a pattern.I was on birth control for a while and my symptoms were very minimal, with the occasional flare up if I ate something bad or if I was under any kind of stress. Well I went off the BC 6 months ago and my body has fallen apart! I am living off chicken and turkey, noodles and rice and I am SICK of it. However, EVERY month during my cycle AND during my ovulation cycle I have a flare up. No matter what I do, I can't catch a break. We have been trying hard to concieve but I am so frustrated with my stomach upsets I am seriously considering going back on BC. Anybody out there have any suggestions?? I know we don't have problems concieving and doctors tell me that the average couple takes about a year. I am just so sick of being sick, how am I suppose to get pregnant if I can't stay out of the bathroom! I'm sorry if this is too much information. Just ignore it if you don't like it, I just could use some help.

--------------------
IBS-D and C with severe gas and cramping

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I need help!!! new
      #358164 - 04/28/10 02:22 PM
Bel920

Reged: 03/22/10
Loc: Nevada

Oh man, I am a little freaked out reading this. I just went off the pill this month (not to conceive, however - we're done!) and I was wondering if it was going to have any effect on my tummy. My last really bad "episode" was in March 07 when I went off BC to conceive my daughter and I have always wondered if it was related. Once I got pregnant, though, things evened out. I'm sorry you are having a tough time!

--------------------
Belinda
IBS-A since 1986 (age 8)
Recently realized I could do
something about it!

Re: I need help!!! new
      #358165 - 04/28/10 02:36 PM
iluvmk4evr

Reged: 07/27/09

well when I went off BC a couple of years ago, I immediately got pregnant with my little girl so I never experienced what it was to be off BC. While I was pregnant my IBS symptoms virtually went away (it was wonderful!) Now however is a whole different story. Obviously mine is triggered by hormones somewhat, at least it has to be the only conclusion I can come up with. I just want to know what I can do those two wks out of the month when my hormones are hay wire!? Im eating bland and trying to watch my stress levels. I have a trip coming up to Disney and Im scared to death that the happiest place on earth will become a nightmare for me if I don't get this under control! Suggestions???

--------------------
IBS-D and C with severe gas and cramping

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5100 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1110

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review