All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Can Someone PLEASE help me?
      #357836 - 04/16/10 05:38 PM
jason61

Reged: 04/12/07

last semptember i developed upper GI problems, prior to that it was just constipation and lower GI problems for several years. i had terrible reflux an indigestion since sept and after cutting out fruits and certain other foods i started feeling better. thing is now im down to about 10 foods that i can only eat and if i stray from this i get indigestion..to foods that didnt even bother me this time last year. im losing my mind because i cant eat anything and am now 20 lbs underweight. I keep eating the same food over and over again and it has really affected the quality of my life. This all started when i was taking supplements to treat yeast & c.diff overgrowth...after that i was never the same and parasites kept showing up on my stool test. i tried treating that with meds but it didnt help and last time i was tested 5 parasites showed up. i am at a loss and my doctor is confused. im taking Alinia & megadosing on probiotics now but not sure of that will help. has anyone had a similar experience? any suggestions? im in a living hell..i kid you not

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 27 Views..no feedback? come on people new
      #357841 - 04/16/10 09:46 PM
jason61

Re: Can Someone PLEASE help me? new
      #357848 - 04/17/10 05:46 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

It seems strange that your doctor is confused about your tests. What sort of doctor are you seeing? Who is doing the tests - a hospital, medical clinic, on-line testing service, etc?

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

81 Views now? Come on..some of you must have some useful feedback new
      #357854 - 04/18/10 07:19 AM
jason61

In order to provide useful feedback ... new
      #357856 - 04/18/10 07:54 AM
Syl

you may have to provide more details and specifics. What ten foods are you eating? What supplements are you taking? Which probiotics are you taking. What type of doctor cannot help you with parasite problem. And where were parasite tests done (e.g. hospital, medical clinic, on-line testing service)?

--------------------

Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach

Re: 81 Views now? Come on..some of you must have some useful feedback new
      #357857 - 04/18/10 07:55 AM
Thai

Reged: 10/04/09

Jason,

Why didn't you answer Syl's ??
If you want feedback on your problem, you should answer those that try to help....just a thought.

--------------------
IBS-D

Re: Seriously maybe no one on here can help you with this question.I can't..nt new
      #357859 - 04/18/10 10:04 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Re: In order to provide useful feedback ... new
      #357873 - 04/18/10 07:16 PM
jason61

Foods I'm eating now: Brown rice, brown rice pasta, white rice, green beans, salmon, turkey, beef, spinach, chard, yellow squash, brown rice cereal, rice milk, chamomile tea - all bland w/ no seasoning other than salt & olive oil

Supplements: Mediclear Plus, culturelle/HMF probiotics, IgG 2000 DF,zinc picolinate, magnesium oxide/citrate, Biofilm enzymes (currently also on a 2 week course of Alinia)

Parasite test done by Metametrix..so far this is the only test ive had but am gonna try another lab after i finish my current med

Re: In order to provide useful feedback ... new
      #357879 - 04/19/10 06:31 AM
Syl

Have you seen an infectious diseases doctor to confirm parasites or have you only used an on-line testing lab? Was the Alinia prescribed or are you buying it OTC? If you are buying it OTC it might be wise to consult an infectious diseases doctor to confirm you need it.

Aren't you following Heather's eating for IBS diet? Red meat is excluded. Why can't you eat things like chicken, potatoes, sea-food, well-cooked carrots and other root veggies? Why aren't you eating wheat products such as bread? Where you diagnosed with celiac disease? Does eating gluten free make your IBS easier to manage? Why cannot you eat enough in a day to maintain your weight?

--------------------

Re: Can Someone PLEASE help me? new
      #357891 - 04/19/10 05:47 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Were the parasite tests run by a normal doctor? Sometimes alternative doctors "find" all sorts of "bugs" that normal medical tests would never show.
Also your acid reflux is not IBS related but a side problem. Therefore you need to treat that separately. I am sure doctors have heartburn meds that will help you. Maybe stress is a factor in the heartburn. In looking over your posts in the last 3 years they are always extreme and frantic. Perhaps both the heartburn and C can improve with stress-relieving treatments like the hypno tapes and other things.
Meanwhile, your C will not get better if you don't eat right. Do you take a SFS?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3302 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3934

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review