All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Re: To Allisonmary new
      #357560 - 04/08/10 07:41 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

He is Director of the South Manchester Functional Bowel Service at the Wythenshawe Hospital. He was the first GI doctor to use hypnosis with IBS, the first to find that cereal bran exacerbates IBS and the first to do a large clinical tests on probiotics. You may find some of the video interviews with him from the video library at International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders website informative.

He does not make Align. It is made by Procter & Gamble in the US. He did the clinical trials on B. infantis which is the probiotic in Align before it was called and sold as Align. Procter & Gamble supplied the probiotic for the test. You will have to ask your question to Procter & Gamble However, many probiotics contains small amounts of diary protein even Digestive Advantage that was sugggested by Heather in this thread contains it.

His team didn't recommend diary or goats milk - I believe they recommended not using it and using rice milk, etc instead.

I believe his approach is very similar to the EFI diet with some additional modification such as removing foods with excess fructose.

Perhaps if you review the posting from the past 2 years it might bring things into perspective and fill some of the gaps in the information you seem to have missed.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: To SYL new
      #357583 - 04/08/10 12:31 PM

Unregistered

are the probitocis in activia the same as align? is the probiotic in activia good for ibs if it was in a capsule?

Re: Phililps new
      #357584 - 04/08/10 12:35 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

teehee, now just think,Cyndy, if we were all alike it would make for a very boring world.

But I do know what you mean.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4428 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 67853

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review