All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Advice from a recovering diarrhea victim!
      #356501 - 03/09/10 06:19 AM
frodobaggins

Reged: 02/03/08

About a week or so ago, Windchimes was a lifesaver by explaining how stress was only exacerabting my diarrhea. She was right! After two and a half weeks of battling stress at work, with my husband's job, and being stressed about my bowel issues, I started to settle down. The only problem NOW is, I have normal AND thin stool. What does this mean? Am I just recovering and my guts are still repsonding to my two weeks of Hell? I know that consistently having thin stool is bad, what does it mean when you have both??? My mom said this happens to her a lot. I am getting better, but thin stools now?! Bowel issues are totally Shakespearean...drama and tragedy.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Advice from a recovering diarrhea victim! new
      #356518 - 03/09/10 10:35 AM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

Glad windchimes helped you on the stress relationship and IBS. I wouldn't worry about the thin stools it happens sometimes. Glad you feel better.

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

Re: Advice from a recovering diarrhea victim! new
      #356541 - 03/09/10 04:26 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Thin stools are supposed to be from small spasms in the colon making it essentially squeeze too tight. It means you aren't as stress free as you are hoping, but it probably will resolve itself. I would increase SFS for a short time.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3048 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1450

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review