All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Some Guidance (IBS-D)
      #356116 - 02/24/10 02:38 PM
Jason63

Reged: 10/14/08

I have been dealing with my IBS for about a year and a half. Happily for the last 5 months I have been very stable. I follow Heather's guidleines but every now and then I have had a couple cheat foods. For the last 5 days I have not been able to keep anything down. My current diet consists of one bowl of oatmeal in the morning, acacia fiber, dry rice chex, applesauce (no sugar), bananas, rice, & plain pasta (no egg). Since its been so long since I have had an attack of this severity and longevity I am beginning to get a little concerned (since sometimes I am going to the toilet only a couple hours after I've eaten and sometimes there is undigested food). I'm hoping some others have been down this road and can offer some advice. I'm not sure if I should notify my GI doctor yet since he rarely offers anything of help. I'm trying to stay calm but its hard. Any thoughts please?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Some Guidance (IBS-D) new
      #356120 - 02/24/10 05:08 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Have you been ill? And taking antibiotics?

I get this way while sick or stressed out. Are you taking something to help with the diarrhea?

Hope you start feeling better.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#356122 - 02/24/10 05:58 PM
Jason63

Reged: 10/14/08

I am not ill and I'm not taking any antibiotics. I was taking Immodium (pill form) for the first two days but it just seemed to prolong the inevitable D. I'm not really experiencing urgency and I'm going my normal 3 times a day its just D. It feels like this attack came "out of the blue" no rhyme or reason and I feel like I've been thrown back to when I was first diagnosed.

#356125 - 02/24/10 07:27 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Stay with safe foods, and peppermint tea.

When I finally lose it I always stay with white rice, pretzels, french bread & Immodium.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 289 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1415

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review