All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Depo, the patch or IUD? new
      #36001 - 01/08/04 03:57 PM
bloomer

Reged: 01/08/04

I have the Merina IUD in and I love it! I have no periods at all and I never feel the thing. I would strongly recommend it to anyone. With the IUD, you don't have to worry about weight gain or periods, or any other crappy woman stuff!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Jessica? Question about depo... new
      #36057 - 01/08/04 05:09 PM
jules05

Reged: 11/03/03
Loc: ON, Canada

Just wondered what kind of side effects you and other girls you've talked to have had? I'm currently on it and so far i've only had a bit of wait gain but interested in what effects it had on you.

#36097 - 01/08/04 07:45 PM
Cate712

Reged: 07/18/03
Loc: Missouri

Thanks for the input! I really appreciate everyone taking the time to respond. I received info from my gyn office and the IUD sounds like a good choice for me compared to the depo shot. My nurse said that they've had a great response from their patients who have the IUD. I talked with my hubby and he, of course, will go with what I feel is best. After the past month with all the spotting and such, he's pretty starved!

Bloomer, have you noticed any ill effects on your IBS since you've had the IUD?

#36098 - 01/08/04 07:53 PM
Cate712

Reged: 07/18/03
Loc: Missouri

Yikes! Another child?! My oldest is 3 yrs and my youngest is 13 months.....I love them but WOW! I'm exhausted at the end of the day. However, I'll think about it in another couple of years. I'm the youngest of 12 so having only two children just doesn't seem fair to them. It's great having so many siblings but I don't know how my mom kept her sanity!

#36128 - 01/09/04 03:13 AM
littlebear

Reged: 01/07/04

Hi I had bad experience on depo-provera bone pain in hands bled for 12 weeks, severe PMS symptomns continually......I wouldn't recomend to anyone as you don't know how you will react to it and once you have the shot you have to wait for it to wear off

#36145 - 01/09/04 06:38 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Don't wait too long We didn't want another one right away after our last. What a birth She will be 4 in March. We finally decide we want another and it doesn't seem to happening yet. We have been trying for another since July. We had no problems getting pregnant with the two girls. I have to wonder if it is my IBS since it started after my last birth.

Enjoy them, they grow up so fast. I was just looking at some pictures of when my girls were your kids ages and oh I miss that time so much. Where is the crying graemlins? I am turning into a sentimental emotional person. How did that happen?

#36152 - 01/09/04 06:56 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Heidi!

Sorry to hear you never got your Christmas present that you really wanted. (Judging from your post anyway)

I am so sorry!

Take care,

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#36154 - 01/09/04 06:59 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I am figuring I haven't but I still haven't gotten an absolute answer if you know what I mean. Thanks for you concern though.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2933 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2862

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review