All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: tips,tricks,and supplements? new
      #355050 - 01/30/10 11:40 AM

Unregistered

I'm really trying to break the cycle of irritating my ibs,changing my diet,and going to try to get this acid reflux or acidic bile problem by first starting to modify diet and supplements. I really think me having to use my finger with the incomplete evacuation to get realife,I mean I HAVE to or it doesn't come out and just irrtates and makes me feel more ill. What if I bought gloves instead of just washing my hands really well wish soap and water? which kind of gloves are best? I really think once I critque everything and get the diet,using finger,acid problems alot better I will see great improvemnt.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#355060 - 01/30/10 01:26 PM
skh

Reged: 08/05/09

when i have incomplete evacuation i have used a suppository...can't spell that..but it worked great and it also made me have even more BM which seemed to make me feel empty...u should try those at times...not often but when it's really a problem....

#355061 - 01/30/10 01:47 PM

Unregistered

will this make my stuff more mushy than it already is or irritate my really irrtated colon? I have hemmorids close to the opening..and possibly more internal ones.

#355063 - 01/30/10 02:16 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

aperson, you really need to see a doctor and find out exactly what you have and what you do not have. Many on these boards have suggested this over a long time, and many have told you that you can see a doctor for free through your state social services department.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Edited by Heather (02/01/10 11:18 AM)

#355064 - 01/30/10 02:35 PM
skh

no it will just make it come out which is what u want...it beats straining only for nothing to come out which gives u the hemies..

#355065 - 01/30/10 02:37 PM

Unregistered

everyone,I have seen a doctor and had tests to rule out ibs,i have not given the diet a fair try as I'm just beggining,I have given up all no no foods for about 5 days now. I am working on breaking the cycle or irrtants,acid reflux,so I am giving up the pepermint capsules,I take as directed but I just continue to burp them up or have acidic problems,I am doing some research to see if I can replace with cammomile capsules,anise and other ibs safe herbs.

I really feel I need to give a water filter a good try,also clear up hemmorids and the incomplete evacuation,which I'm sure having to use my finger doesn't help,Its a continuous cycle of irrtants and I am willing to try many things I can do at home and critique it.

Today I started to keep a bottle of dasani water by the toilet so each time I use my finger I put the water on it then after using tp I clean my finger off with the water before inserting again,as many times as I need before nothing is stuck irritating me. I'm not sure but I think that is helping.

I am also willing to try caltrate,look into and try kegal exercies (perhaps I need to strengthen my muscles for good bm's?) buy a heating pad,try other things like anise oil dropped into water,and willing to buy some medical gloves for a while for the incomplete evacuation...The problem is I don't have the money right now. a $300 hospital bill and owe my dad nearly $100 and have $40 phone bill,thats a paycheck and a half worth for me which will take me monthes to pay off.

oh yea,I am also willing to try a combination of all things,I will even look into aromatherapy.

#355066 - 01/30/10 02:51 PM
skh

u won't need the water bottle if u buy some suppositorys..they are like 2 bucks...and more gentle than ur finger would be.

What does this post mean? new
      #355067 - 01/30/10 02:52 PM
Windchimes

Does this mean that you HAVE seen a doctor recently and been diagnosed with IBS plus hemorrhoids? Last we heard you had was a barium enema, which a very antiquated test which is not current testing for IBS, hemorroids, etc. This is very confusing based on your posts.

How may we help you in some meaninful way?

--------------------

#355068 - 01/30/10 03:57 PM
Windchimes

A second opinion from another doctor might be a good idea. You are apparently having problems with digestion, i.e. a disgestive disorder that you are not able to control with simple supplements and food choices. A nutritionist might also be able to help you. Check with your local hospital dietician for starters.

--------------------

Re: What does this post mean?
      #355073 - 01/30/10 09:27 PM

Unregistered

hello everyone. I have in several posts stated I have been to the doctor and had tests done. I have had a barium enema,x rays several times,and blood work done several times.
This was when I was still in high school and was covered under my dad's really good insurance. I have never have been diagnosed with hemmorids,but I said that I could feel them inside and it also feels like I have symptoms..I think its a good idea to clean them up wether the only hemmorids I have are the ones I feel inside and or if there are more in places I can't feel.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 476 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 26165

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review