All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
FRUSTRATED - Seeking Answers
      #354997 - 01/28/10 08:44 PM
Megan29

Reged: 02/22/09

Ok, I'm a bit new to the boards and don't really post that much because I'm really new to this IBS thing so I don't have much advice to give. I am, however, extremely frustrated.

I can't seem to break the cycle of attacks. I don't even know what to categorize myself as... I have gas, acid reflux and bloating a lot, urgency, severe constipation and then it swings from not having BMs a lot to having a lot (3-6) within the space of an hour. What is that?

Also, I'm getting so frustrated and depressed. As soon as I seem to semi-stabilize, more stress gets dumped on me and I have flareups again. I was dumped by my bf of two years back in September, 2-3 months later I had to move, and I've just been in my place for about a month and a half and my granddad died rather suddenly on Monday.

Help...i could really use some tips. I'm getting frustrated with this and really depressed.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: FRUSTRATED - Seeking Answers new
      #354999 - 01/28/10 09:50 PM
DanaDivine

Reged: 09/30/09

Megan, welcome to the boards. I'm sure you will get plenty of replies with plenty of good tips.

Meanwhile I want to say, I empathize completely. I went through a lot of stress in a relatively short amount of time, too, which really sent me into a tailspin. A divorce, lots of moving, changing jobs, etc.... it really does take a toll. My life has finally been calming down in the past few months, and with it, my gut seems to be little by little, too.

Have you read the section on this site about the hypnotherapy program? It has helped me a lot, not just with the IBS, but it has helped me sleep better and deal with stress better. Also, I'm finding the acacia fiber to be really helpful with my own gut stability, although some people do better with Benefiber.

You might want to try avoiding refined sugar... I find the more I eat the more I toot.

Re: FRUSTRATED - Seeking Answers new
      #355023 - 01/29/10 06:42 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Sounds like you have IBS-A. I have that too- alternating between C and D. Sometimes I lean one way and sometime the other way. In other words I swing both ways. LOL
The best thing for A is a good soluble fiber supplement. Acacia fiber completely stopped my swinging, even when on vacation. Do you take a SFS?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 914 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1098

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review