Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Quick, Cheap, Non-Microwave Lunch Ideas new
      #41778 - 01/29/04 10:20 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

Potato salad, I like 3 bean salad if you can handle the insoluble fiber. How about roll-ups with hummus?

Cold chicken tacos aren't bad. Cook up some chicken with taco seasoning, chop it up, load it in a shell with soy/rice cheese, sour cream and lettuce-fold it up burrito style and yum!

Thanks for the ideas, Michelle! Although my stomach doesn't handle the beans or potato salad too well, I will definitely look into the chicken taco and hummus ideas.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I need some new (easy) lunch ideas for at work..... new
      #41779 - 01/29/04 10:36 AM
Kristine

Reged: 05/15/03
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Finding something to take to work every day for lunch can be a full-time job! I like to take pita sandwiches--tuna, turkey, chicken, you name it. They're easy on the tummy (and filling) and easy to put together--you can eat them hot or cold. To give it an extra kick, I sometimes add a little bit of fat free soy cheese.

When sandwiches start to get me bored, I sometimes will have bagels with cream cheese, soup (kinda hard if you don't have a microwave, though) and tuna salad on crackers.

Good luck--I know how hard it is.
Kristine

#41800 - 01/29/04 11:57 AM
AngelKitty

Reged: 12/31/03

well this one is not non microwave..but if you have a campbell's thermos it will work for you. I have been taking soup and a big roll or piece of french bread. If you look you will find many soups that are very low in fat (chicken rice or chicken vegetable) and the veggies are pretty soft cooked so they dont bother me. i have been just about living on soups lately....

#41807 - 01/29/04 12:48 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

There are good instant soups too! I get some that come in their own cup - there are nice organic varieties out there. All I do is get hot water from the coffee machine, stir them up, and wait 5 minutes. I'm a big fan of the miso soups, as well as the lentil and couscous soups (a little on the high fiber side, so these get eaten only when I feel pretty stable).

There's also instant mashed potatoes in a cup - very good for those less stable days!

Re: I need some new (easy) lunch ideas for at work..... new
      #41810 - 01/29/04 01:12 PM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

Finding something to take to work every day for lunch can be a full-time job! I like to take pita sandwiches--tuna, turkey, chicken, you name it.

This sounds pretty good. I think I have a recipe to make pita bread too that I can use. I don't like buying bread at the store anymore since I got my breadmaker! Thanks for the idea!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#41811 - 01/29/04 01:13 PM
Jennifer Rose

This might be a good idea if I can get the soup to stay warm. Or maybe I can dissapear to go heat my soup and drink it on my way to class. Thanks! I'll have to try this.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#41812 - 01/29/04 01:15 PM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

There are good instant soups too! I get some that come in their own cup - there are nice organic varieties out there. All I do is get hot water from the coffee machine, stir them up, and wait 5 minutes. I'm a big fan of the miso soups, as well as the lentil and couscous soups (a little on the high fiber side, so these get eaten only when I feel pretty stable).

There's also instant mashed potatoes in a cup - very good for those less stable days!

Thanks, Astrochick - but these containers aren't really stable if I need to eat them while driving. This is a good idea, however, for my dinner problem as I can keep a few in the car incase I ever run out of time to pack a dinner for my night class. I can search out some hot water in the cafeteria. Thanks!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1313 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2590

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review