All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
beg your pardon new
      #354573 - 01/14/10 07:29 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

That is not what I meant. Maybe she doesn't have IBS at all. Its just like people who are diagnosed with IBS and find out they just have celiacs. Once off gluten they don't actually have IBS (that is a dream of mine). I feel the kind of IBS that comes on after some trauma or that kind of thing is different from the kind that gradually appears through youth and is inherited. I feel the former is easier to cure than the inherited- all your life- kind of IBS. That is my theory.
Tenebria may not have IBS at all-although it is still probable. One can hope though!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: beg your pardon new
      #354609 - 01/15/10 09:48 AM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

Little Minnie, I understand, its just to make sure people know the two conditions are not the same, that really important, so people don't get confused IBS is caused by food allergies and f they eliminate the foods the IBS will go away, but actually the food conditions will go away.

as someone who developed IBS from Post infectious IBS, I can tell you its not eiser to cure then any moderte or severe IBS. I had an extremely severe enteric gut infction, thatnever resolved and possible messed up the structural cells in my gut, which is what they find in PI IBS and I fit the symptoms of such an issue. I hink they are both hard to treat really, but there are ways to manage them.

So far there really isn't inherited IBS.

People can have more then one issues as well IBS and food allergies or intolerences or other conditions.

I was just trying to clarify.

I wish you well in your quest.

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

Re: I have IBS & developed Food Allergies. Am I alone here? new
      #354722 - 01/20/10 07:14 PM
PolkaDots

Reged: 12/09/09
Loc: TX

You have already received some good information here. Just wanted to add that you're not alone. Prior to my scopes I was diagnosed (skin test) with 15 food allergy possibilities. Rice, wheat, barley, peaches, almonds, beef, chicken, pork, codfish, crab, mustard, carrots, green peppers, onions, cacao beans. All were a mild 2+, which made things even more complicated. Extensive elimination diets (and boy were those challenging), combinations, etc. brought little relief or answers in my case. After my scopes, blood panel and biopsies, my Dr. said IBS and suggested I "limit the caffeine." I was already caffeine free. I cried because it wasn't the solid answers I was hoping for. She said "at least you know it's nothing serious." *sigh* Anyway, that was when I returned to this site (posted here many moons ago) and decided to give Heathers diet a try. It's working incredibly well for me w/no allergy restrictions, but again my reactions seemed to have been related to IBS all along.

I wish you the best in your journey. This site is a wonderful resource and I'm very thankful for it.

--------------------
Symptoms since '98
Diagnosed IBS-A 3/09
Stable since 10/09

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4205 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4811

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review