All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Arnold's Whole Grain White?
      #354224 - 01/08/10 02:13 AM
Kteach84

Reged: 03/31/08
Loc: MA

I want to try those Arnold's sandwich thins- but of course they went and made them healthy for everyone which often does not equal healthy for me. The white kind is called "Whole Grain White". Here is a link to the nutrition facts:
http://www.arnoldbread.com/Thins/DescriptionProduct.aspx?sSku=7341011617

Whole wheat flour is in the ingredients list but pretty far down and I can tolerate some insoluble fiber. Has anyone tried this? Can anyone tell from the ingredients? Let me know

--------------------
I am training for a Sprint Triathlon- Check out my Blog!
http://redsoxcap.blogspot.com/

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Arnold's Whole Grain White? new
      #354225 - 01/08/10 04:36 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Each role contains 5 grams of fiber much of which will be insoluble fiber from the whole grain white flour and added cellulose fiber. It also contains sucralose an artificial sweetener know to be a problem for IBSers.

UNBLEACHED ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR [FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, REDUCED IRON, NIACIN, THIAMIN MONONITRATE (VITAMIN B1), RIBOFLAVIN (VITAMIN B2), FOLIC ACID], WATER, WHOLE WHITE WHEAT FLOUR, CELLULOSE FIBER, WHEAT GLUTEN, POLYDEXTROSE, YEAST, SUGAR, SALT, CANOLA AND/OR SOYBEAN OIL, PRESERVATIVES (CALCIUM PROPIONATE, SORBIC ACID), CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR, GUAR GUM, MONOGLYCERIDES, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE, SUCRALOSE, SOYLECITHIN.

Whole grain white flour is a special way of milling whole grain flour so the bran pieces are not as large. It has the same insoluble fiber as whole wheat.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: Arnold's Whole Grain White? new
      #354310 - 01/08/10 04:57 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Arnolds has a safe bread. One of the only safe normal breads. I think it is called white family bread or something like that.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2912 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1365

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review