All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
does this go away?
      #353964 - 01/05/10 08:32 AM

Unregistered

Well a big problem of mine is incomplete evacuation. It's so terrible I get sauseated because stool is stuck and just wont' come out,so I goo to get it out,but then sometimes It's just out of reach and then I get ready for work and get really hot like a fever and naseated,then it goes away after I burp and toot a ton.but I still don't feel quite right. I go to work then only work 3 hours,get sent home early, LUCKY ME since I felt terrible. Well a little after I get home, I feel a stool stuck in there and I finally get it out,then feel there is more so I strain so hard and push it's exhausting,I finally get a piece out. Could my body shape of my uterus or body shape cause all this incomplete evacuation. Did anyone have really terrible incomplete evacuation and finally got rid of it where they could sit on the toilet no more than 3 times a day and get it all out? It sucks being in there 10 or more times a day because of imcomplete evacution. I hate when I am watching a show,then gets to the really good part and I always miss it cuz i'm in the toilet.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: does this go away?shawneric new
      #353975 - 01/05/10 09:22 AM

Unregistered

do you have advice or answers on this?

#353984 - 01/05/10 10:16 AM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

have you ever had analrectal testing done or pelvic floor testing done.

Part of the research on Incomplete evacuation is a sensation even when there isn't a lot of stool in the rectum, the nerves still fire a signal to the brain.

Which is one reason they call it the "sensation of incomplete evacuation."

But you might want to get tested for analrectal or pelvic flor disorders.

The "sensation of incomplete evacuation" and rectal hypersensivity are pretty common in IBS.

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

#353989 - 01/05/10 10:32 AM

Unregistered

well when they were ruling out ibs they did an ultra sound,does that count? analrectal? hmm have to google that.

#353996 - 01/05/10 11:31 AM
shawneric

FYI

Anorectal manometry - The pressures generated by the anal muscles are tested at rest and during squeezing. We also measure reflexes that contribute to bowel control and various measures of rectal sensation.
Anal Ultrasound – Anorectal ultrasound is a very useful tool for imaging the anatomy of the anal sphincters and rectum in patients with a variety of anorectal diseases. It is not an x-ray, therefore there is no radiation exposure. A probe the size of an index finger is inserted into the anal canal and the rectum. Using 'sound waves' produced by the probe, an image is captured on the screen. The patient may feel vibration from the probe during the examination, but discomfort is uncommon. The study takes 15 to 30 minutes.

If they used the ultra sound for analrectal issues, not just the abdomen.

also

This is one

Anorectal manometry - The pressures generated by the anal muscles are tested at rest and during squeezing. We also measure reflexes that contribute to bowel control and various measures of rectal sensation.

"Outlet obstruction type constipation (pelvic floor dyssynergia)
The external anal sphincter, which is part of the pelvic floor, also normally stays tightly closed to prevent leakage. When you try to have a bowel movement, however, this sphincter has to open to allow the fecal material to come out. Some people have trouble relaxing the sphincter muscle when they are straining to have a bowel movement, or they may actually squeeze the sphincter more tightly shut when straining. This produces symptoms of constipation."

http://www.aboutgimotility.org/site/about-gi-motility/disorders-of-the-pelvic-floor/

--------------------

#353998 - 01/05/10 11:38 AM

Unregistered

I think my problem is not following the ibs diet for years and all the gas and spasms causing a circle of attacks is the problem. Well I remember I was told I have a tilted uterus that means it tilts into the spine I wonder if it can affect ibs? one person said it did. "alexisyael10-14-2005, 12:13 PM
I have a tipped uterus and I really haven't had any back pain (other than my normal lower back aches after sitting stupidly for long periods of time) this pregnancy. Which is funny, cause my osteopath warned me I might have worse back pain (due to my posture)... maybe it's coming, I don't know.

No rectal pain/ pressure either. I don't think the tilted uterus is doing much. Maybe my osteopath was able to "normalize" it, who knows (she did do some work on moving it around, getting it off my intestines, so that my IBS would get better, which did work -- this is before I got pregnant).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ellymay"

#354005 - 01/05/10 11:48 AM
shawneric

you might try Kegel exercises and see if that helps some.

--------------------

#354006 - 01/05/10 11:50 AM

Unregistered

what will those do? I haven't had children and I have trouble wearing tampons,quite tight there thank u very much.

#354011 - 01/05/10 12:07 PM
shawneric

they may help with pelvic floor muslces and disorders.

Biofeedback is also another treatment shown to work for some of these conditions.

--------------------

#354016 - 01/05/10 12:43 PM

Unregistered

can ibs make pelvic floor muscles weaker? or does kegals strengthen and make ibs better?

biofeedback? is that something I can do at home and is cheap? if not I can't do that.

#354028 - 01/05/10 02:51 PM
shawneric

"can ibs make pelvic floor muscles weaker?"

I don't think so seperate conditions.

"biofeedback? is that something I can do at home and is cheap? if not I can't do that. "

Different reasons to use it, one for bathoroon training and one for stress and other kinds of training. I know they make home machines, but that is not what I am alking about here. They use it to help train the bowel. You would need to see someone who does that.

--------------------

#354029 - 01/05/10 03:36 PM

Unregistered

well maybe my tilted uterus affects incomplete evacuation? I really don't think I have a condition just a tilted uterus,which is just natural in 20% of women. don't even know what biofeedback is will google it,probly won't do it cuz I have no money.

Re: does this go away? new
      #354071 - 01/06/10 05:30 AM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

Hey, do you eat fruits with seeds or nuts? For me, seeds and nuts cause the same problem you have. Also, I notice this happens when I don't eat enough moistening foods, or if I have too low fat diet, my bowels wont move properly.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1724 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9245

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review