All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
Re: Shawneric new
      #354129 - 01/06/10 01:49 PM
CarolynC

Reged: 03/11/08
Loc: Connecticut

Kim,(sorry to chime in) I just wanted to mention that my doctors diagnosed me with having IBS; probably because they could not find anything wrong. I think this diagnosis happens to a good many people. So IBS has become a term used to explain a very wide variety of unexplainable gut symptoms.

I was obviously misdiagnosed. I bet many people here on the boards have been misdiagnosed as well.

--------------------
IBS-C with bloating and cramps
occasional type A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Carolyn new
      #354130 - 01/06/10 01:55 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

A friend gave me the book, "The UltraMind Solution", which I found to be very interesting. He discusses how what is going on in the body is what affects the mind, and not the other way around. He discusses dementia, altzheimers (sp?), autism, etc. He really dwells on toxins as many of these newer,more informed, functional medicine docs do. He has other books out there, but I haven't gotten to them yet.

Yes, I took processed foods out of my diet years ago, having nothing to do with IBS. I just wanted to feel the best I could.

#354132 - 01/06/10 02:14 PM
CarolynC

Sounds like a book I'd like to read!
I have been reading many articles on dementia, Alzheimer's and autism. They have been getting tremendous success by incorporating coconut oil in the diets.
After only 2 weeks there was measured improvement....after 6 weeks, significant. Now why aren't these studies in the mainstream public eye??? The drug companies do NOT want us to know this stuff.

Here's a website for you:
http://knowthecause.com - it talks all about drug companies and what they don't want us to know.

I believe those conditions are similar to mine as they all revolve around the same thing. Toxins and fungus as the cause.

I just learned a man my husband works with has a son who now has autism. he said he got the illness after getting vaccinated. Isn't that sad!!! They are treating his autism with the same things I am doing to cure my Candida. It is probably the mercury in the vaccine that did the damage. All that stuff is just pure poison to our bodies.
And then we wonder why so many of us end up with stuff like IBS and Candida.

Keep eating smart! It is a great place to start.

Carolyn

--------------------
occasional type A

#354133 - 01/06/10 02:32 PM
Gerikat

Yes, Big Pharma...a nightmare. The outcome of some studies depends on who is funding that study, which, of course, means they have a vested interest in the outcome.

I have read so much about what you speak of. I read Jennie McCarthy's book and about cried. When a layperson takes charge of their health or their family's health, sometimes they can move mountains and create change.

Re: Candida new
      #354136 - 01/06/10 03:49 PM
Borrelli

Reged: 03/22/09

Quote:

Does anyone out there have experience with or looked into the possibility of having Candida?

Wow! I have yet to read through this entire thread but just wanted to share my experience.

I in no way believe Candida causes IBS but i had to test the theories that our out there for the heck of it since i had nothing to lose. I personally would think that any stool test would be able to discover large Candida overgrowth if there were such a thing?

Anyways, I had read or seen something on trying to clear out any Candida in the intestines, etc. So i went with it and purchased some product called Oxycleanse, some sort of oxygen infused cleanser that is supposed to wipe out all the bad bacteria in our system hada, hada. So i gave that a try along with taking Oregano oil and Grapefruit seed extract capsules. Well, long story short it did a whole lot of nothing for me. So clearly Candida or fungas is not the cause of my IBS.

I also tried some product by Primal Defense called Primal Fungus or something along those lines with no success.

I will now attempt to read through this entire thread.

#354137 - 01/06/10 05:12 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

Just wondering...did you make any diet changes, if so, what were they and for how long, and for how long did you use the supplements? I never heard of Oxycleanse. Bacteria is not the same as candida. Don't have much faith in all those over-the-counter cleanses that are advertised these days. Oxycleanse sounds like it could make your laundry brighter, however!

#354145 - 01/06/10 08:49 PM
Borrelli

Reged: 03/22/09

Quote:

Just wondering...did you make any diet changes, if so, what were they and for how long, and for how long did you use the supplements? I never heard of Oxycleanse. Bacteria is not the same as candida. Don't have much faith in all those over-the-counter cleanses that are advertised these days. Oxycleanse sounds like it could make your laundry brighter, however!

I never said anything about bacteria.

I have been on the same healthy low carb diet that i have been on for a while and haven't changed anything. Diet does not coinside with or effect my IBS. I have been on all sorts of exclusionary diets etc. and food is definitely not a trigger.

#354151 - 01/07/10 06:13 AM
CarolynC

Oxycleanse will not do a thing for you and will actually make things worse for a person who suffers IBS problems.

Candida overgrowth is a very real illness (unlike what other posters here will tell you) But that is not important here, and I do not necessarily believe that all IBS sufferes Have a Candida overgrowth.

However I DO believe that most if not all IBS is caused by an overload of toxins in our systems. You see, we accumulate these toxins all of our lives from things like vaccinations, flouride treatments, poor water quality, chemical cleaners, dry cleaning, antibiotics, processed foods etc.... the list is very long. Our poor bodies cannot detoxify it all, so we end up getting sick.....sometimes with IBS. IBS-D is actually a sign that your body is trying very hard to detoxify itself.
Rashes and eczema are signs, as well as sinus problems and allergy symptoms and more. All of these are signs your body is trying to detoxify itself. Most IBS sufferes have symptoms more than just IBS. If you take a look at the list shawneric provided in the candida thread, the list of symptoms he gave is what I have described here.

The best way to help your body detox, and therefore heal your illness, is to take measrues to help it do so. Things like building up your immune system with good vitamins and cod liver oil. Coconut oil should be incorporated as I have read many studies that talk about its healing capabilities in the digestive tract. Oil of Oregano has tremendous healing properties as well. The BEST part is that they are natural.

You may or may not have a fungal infection, but I will tell you that fungus is everywhere is our foods.....it is well documented that mycotoxins (fungus) are always in our grain supply and also in corn, peanuts, pistachios, bananas. No amount of processing can get them out.

It is also a well documented theory that cancer is actually fungus.

But anyway, do not take my word for all of this! Please do your own reading and research.

Understanding the root cause of most IBS will result in a cure.

I had very uncomfortable IBS-C when I joine this board a year and half ago....... and now since I have been working to help my body detoxify... through diet and simple therapies like dry skin brushing and epsom salt baths, I no longer suffer with IBS-C. I am still working on curing my candida problem, but can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Hope this helps you,
Carolyn

--------------------
occasional type A

Edited by CarolynC (01/07/10 06:31 AM)

#354152 - 01/07/10 06:15 AM
CarolynC

LOL kim!

--------------------
occasional type A

#354153 - 01/07/10 06:21 AM
Gerikat

Didn't that dude who died, Billy Mays (name?), sell this? For laundry. lol I could see where it would CLEAN out the body.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1281 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 82009

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review