All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
Re: Candida (Kim) new
      #354069 - 01/06/10 05:21 AM
CarolynC

Reged: 03/11/08
Loc: Connecticut

Hi Kim!!

So nice to hear from you. I believe it was YOU who pointed me in the right direction to candida a year and a half ago. And I have always wanted to thank you!! I think you gave me the Doug Kaufman website and also Bee Wilder, if I am not mistaken.

All of the information was such an eye opener for me and as you have read, my IBS-C is gone now. I do not have to take ANY supplements or powders of any kind anymore. My body is finally functioning normally and has been for about 4 months.

I am still working to completely cure my Candida problem, (ibs was only one part of it) but am soooo much better than when I was here on the boards before.

I'm glad to hear you are still doing well! I feel confident that we have found our cause of IBS and I hope that others will look into the possibility too.

Thanks so much for speaking up about candida back then.... you have saved my life!

Carolyn

--------------------
IBS-C with bloating and cramps
occasional type A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Candida (additional Info) new
      #354074 - 01/06/10 05:58 AM
CarolynC

One additional thing I want to mention is that you cannot get rid of candida overgrowth by simply killing it off. You can certainly reduce the numbers of candida in your system (and feel better) by consuming natural antifungals like coconut oil, olive oil, butter, eggs.... but it will only come right back if you do not get rid of accumulated toxins in your body and also work hard to get your immune system in better shape. Therefore good nutrition is essential. The correct amounts of vitamin/mineral/omega 3 supplements will also help in getting your body back in proper balance.

It is my personal belief that excess toxins are the root cause of most, perhaps even all IBS sufferers....plus so many other illnesses. especially things like Fibromyalgia, Alzheimer's, MS, arthritis, parkinsonism, cancer....the list goes on and on.
Your body reacts to the excess toxins by doing all it can to clean them out........ it actually creates an overgrowth of Candida to try and clean itself. Which is why you can't really get rid of Candida until you get your body in a healthier state.

Processed foods (anything white) are a big problem with our health. And also the consumption of too much sugar. Including fruits. Certain fruits are just wonderful for their antioxidant qualities (berries, grapefruits).... a healthy person should be careful and eat only a couple servings a day. The problem is that we have made too many hybrid fruits in our desire to have them be large and sweet. These "new" fruits are much higher in fructose than any "wild" fruit.... so thus, much higher sugar. And as we all know... too much sugar causes disease.
If a person suffers from a yeast or fungal infection, any amount of sugar will feed the infection.

I am not trying to discount any other opinions on this board. But I do want to mention that they are just opinions.
Please use your own judgment and intelligence to wade through all of the information on this board, and then make your own personal decision about what is right for you!

In health,
Carolyn

--------------------
occasional type A

For PMartin new
      #354078 - 01/06/10 06:58 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

When looking for information on things like candida it might be best to look at reputable sites like the Mayo Clinic.

The Mayo Clinic has a nice write-up on A nutrition counselor told me a "candida cleanse" diet would cure my fatigue, headaches and weight gain. What conditions does a candida cleanse diet treat?.

Unfortunately, commercial sites that have sell Candida solutions have a vested interest in what they claim about Candida. They tend to unreliable sources of information.

In many instance simply removing foods high in excess fructose as in many Candida diets may significantly reduce IBS symptoms allowing the dieter to assume that the Candida is the problem and not the excess fructose

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

PMartin-thanks!-nt new
      #354079 - 01/06/10 06:59 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Re: Candida new
      #354084 - 01/06/10 07:45 AM
CarolynC

well pointed out Kim!!!!!
I agree with you completely.

--------------------
occasional type A

Re: Candida shawneric new
      #354085 - 01/06/10 08:17 AM

Unregistered

do you think they just got better from the detox? perhahaps because anibiotics were used and its good to detox? maybe there were some fungals or too much yeast in their body? do u think thats why she got the herxiheimer effect and felt better? May I get your opinon on these 2 posts? I have some questions about things in them.

http://www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=diet&Number=354014&Forum=All_Forums&Words=13348&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=353950&Search=true#Post354014

"The stool tests determined I had more than the normal number of yeast in my stool." what does this mean?

"
I believe excess toxins (such as antibiotics) are the root cause of this. And I also believe with all of my heart that unhealthy foods and processed foods are making things worse for us. Our bodies simply cannot detoxify as much as we give it every day.
The candida over-growth is produced by the body itself, in an attempt to "clean it up". But it can only do so much without help. There is much, much, much more, but that is the nut shell."

I don't know what to think of all that,but several people on the boards said they felt better,could it just be the detox the cleaning out processed foods and after taking antibiotics in your life?

http://www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=diet&Number=354030&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1
"http://www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=diet&Number=354030&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1"

maybe antibiotics has something to do with fungus?

Experts new
      #354086 - 01/06/10 08:36 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

The neat thing about an 'Expert' unlike 'the blind leading the blind' while they may not yet know 'the cause of IBS' they do known from a considerable amount of experience and research they know about a lot of 'things that do not work for managing IBS'.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Carolyn new
      #354109 - 01/06/10 12:25 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Yes, Carolyn, I pretty much limit my processed foods. I eat mainly lean protein, fruits, veggies, and some nuts/seeds. I try to eat organic, mostly. I have cut down on the huge amount of carbs I was eating. I am leaning more towards the lean protein and veggies.

Have you ever read any books by Doctor Mark Hyman?

Shawneric new
      #354127 - 01/06/10 01:39 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

Shawneric- I'm trying to get a fix on what you are sharing...I really am. It's all about helping ourselves and others get well. Not about being right, at least for me. Perhaps for people who "are" helped by following a particular protocol/diet/program that is "not" determined or supported to be helpful for IBS patients, then maybe they don't have what you qualify as IBS. Perhaps there are many people on the boards here who have been told, or have "self-diagnosed" themselves to have IBS, when realy they don't have it at all, at least according to the definition that experts have given to IBS. If there are, then they may be helped by following an antifungal treatment(which is not costly at all, by the way). And, rightly so, if this is an IBS board, then perhaps this conversation of candida and treatment would best be discussed in the "living room" where non-IBS issues are explored.

If you could clarify something I heard on one of the videos you posted just to make sure I understand it correctly... I heard some of the doctors say that bacterial flora, mucosal inflammation, changes in the mucosal barrier which could allow bacteria through the wall into the gut, gene mutations are things that can play a role in IBS, among other things. Is this recent speculation?

Re: Carolyn new
      #354128 - 01/06/10 01:40 PM
CarolynC

What books did Dr. Mark Hyman write? I read a lot and may have read something of his along the way.

Good to hear you are cutting out processed stuff.... it does nothing but cause disease.

--------------------
occasional type A

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3225 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 82475

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review