All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Adverse reactions to white meat?
      #353477 - 12/26/09 05:23 PM
mcem222

Reged: 12/21/08

Hey everybody, hope you had a nice holiday

I haven't been around this forum for a while, because there was no need, I've been for the most part stable for the past few months

However, I have been tripped up a few times, and they happened right after I ate chicken or turkey.

Tonight, I had ground turkey. It was lean, 99% fat free. I have turkey and white meat all the time, probably every other day. Right after finishing the turkey, I felt something was up. I continued to go and have cramps, feel out of it, and use the bathroom. I still feel unsettled

This has happened a few times in the past. Once, I ate a piece of grilled chicken, and had horrific diarrhea, and felt unsettled for the next two days.

The thing thats weird is that I eat white meat all the time, but some days, after eating it, everything falls apart

Does anybody have an idea whats going on? I doubt its other things in my diet, because everytime ive had this reaction was right after eating white meat, and its happened 3 times I can remember. The only other thing I remember was the chicken, one time, was really sinewey. Im not sure if it was fat or tendons, but I ate something that wasn't meat.

Edited by mcem222 (12/26/09 05:25 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Adverse reactions to white meat? new
      #353494 - 12/27/09 03:37 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Hmmm - I've been there too and I'm trying to think about it further.

Do you buy free range or "organic" chicken or grain feed or anything other than just "regular" chicken? I found here if I buy the Maple Leaf grain fed I had more trouble than "regular" chicken. Don't know why. But then there are days where I'll eat the same chicken breast for 2 separate dinners and 1 night I'm okay, the next I'm not. (I eat very little at a sitting so 1 breast lasts me 2 to 3 meals) I think it has a lot to do with other things like stress, sleep (or lack thereof) etc. It can be the same with ground chicken or turkey. One good day, one bad day. Unfortunately I don't have a fix for you!

Don't know if this helps, but hopefully!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#353499 - 12/27/09 05:43 PM
mcem222

Reged: 12/21/08

I usually eat free range chicken. I'm 17 right now, and my parents do the shopping, but soon I'm going to start doing it myself

For me, though, its not some days I'll eat chicken im fine and the next I have trouble. Its almost all the time I'm alright, and some occasions, I'm absolutely terrible. This dichotomy is what is so curious to me. Anyway, I'll just have to experiment a little more with what I can and cannot eat

#353500 - 12/27/09 05:52 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

That should tell you that most times, it is not all about the food. There is more to it than food.

#353510 - 12/28/09 04:44 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Can you tell us what else you ate with the chicken and turkey? Also what was in the turkey when you cooked it? Black pepper?

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#353513 - 12/28/09 09:01 AM

Unregistered

is tyson all natural chicken safer? skinless boneless?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 434 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2812

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review