All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Bloody Mucus?
      #353450 - 12/25/09 11:05 AM
Borrelli

Reged: 03/22/09

I have passed straight mucus before, usually clear or yellow and sometimes with faint red in it but today i passed quite a bit of what was clearly red mucus. I have had all the proper tests to rule out IBD but now im second guessing things and wondering if this is normal for IBSer's or should i be concerned? For what its worth if have never seen any blood in my normal stools only with this mucus.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bloody Mucus? new
      #353452 - 12/25/09 11:07 AM

Unregistered

is it possible to have a hemmoriod? or perhaps your insides are just really irritated?

#353453 - 12/25/09 11:27 AM
Borrelli

Yeah, the last time this happened I had a flex sigmoidoscopy done and my GI said that i have a minor hemmeroid (normal) and that he thought that would be the only possible thing to cause blood because nothing was showing any signs of being inflammed, all healthy pink tissue. But he said he isn't even 100% positive, I mean they don't even really know what IBS is, so...

#353460 - 12/25/09 07:08 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

When I was diagnosed with UC in the past, that was an early sign of the beginning of a flare up.

#353467 - 12/26/09 11:58 AM
Borrelli

Quote:

When I was diagnosed with UC in the past, that was an early sign of the beginning of a flare up.

Intersting, so it got worse as in more blood? I usually only get this mucus when my IBS flares up and then it stopes nothing worse.

#353486 - 12/27/09 06:44 AM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

It got worse in that I would produce more mucous, not really a lot of blood, but it was always tinged with blood. Eventually, other symptoms would appear (painful BM's, fatigue, weight loss, etc.). For me, too much sugar and processed foods contribute to my inflammation. Usually happens around this time of year...go figure!

How are you feeling these days?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4113 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4118

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review