All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Is food really the answer? new
      #353448 - 12/25/09 10:37 AM
DanaDivine

Reged: 09/30/09

Frygurl, my symptoms are only controlled by my diet insofar as avoiding refined sugar. With all the research I've done on my own (because all the doctors I've seen have helped me DIDDLY SQUAT) I'm convinced my body is just plain OFF BALANCE... i.e., presence and overgrowth of unfriendly organisms such as candida (which is why avoiding refined sugar helps me so much), "bad" bacteria, and parasites. I also feel the ROOT CAUSE of my body being off balance is indeed mental/emotional, since I have spent so many years of my life dealing with traumatic things (abusive marriage and a host of other things I won't get into). I feel the body reflects the spirit, or soul, or mind, whatever you want to call it.

So I've been working on my own "IBS" with a two-pronged approach; 1)addressing the physicality of it with anti-candida, anti-parasite, and anti-bad bacteria measures (I could write a book about THAT) and 2)trying to heal ME, not just my body.

Since I started this approach a month ago, I've felt the most relief I ever have yet. I don't feel completely "normal" yet, but I've had more normal days than I expected so soon.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#353517 - 12/28/09 09:19 AM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

FYI

SEXUAL ABUSE: WHY IT IS AN IMPORTANT HEALTH RISK FACTOR

What is the relevance of a past history of sexual and physical abuse for patients with
functional gastrointestinal disorders?

http://www.med.unc.edu/medicine/fgidc/Sexual%20Abuse%20-%20Why%20it%20is%20an%20Important%20Health%20Risk%20Factor.pdf

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

#353519 - 12/28/09 09:33 AM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

This is very important, IBS is not caused by parasites or candida.

Those are not IBS,they are different conditions and Candida overgrowth has never been proven in 20 years since it was first hypothesied. While IBS research However has progressively gotten much better over the last twenty years and especially in the last five.

Sugar just causes more fermentation and hence more gas, but then you need to know how the colon actually works and doesn't work in IBS. There is altered muslce movements and altered gas transit.

also candida in the gut helps fight bacterial infections.

The gut responds to emotional states for good and bad and both the gut and brain are oerational in IBS to cause the symptoms. There are nuerutransmitters they know are related to IBS dysfuntioning.

The gut can trigger reactions in the brain and the brain can trigger reactions in the gut.

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

#353651 - 12/31/09 11:17 AM
DanaDivine

Reged: 09/30/09

Well, gosh! Isn't it funny that this is the most normal I've felt in many, many months?

I dunno shawneric, I just don't think science and research can cover every little facet of anything. Perhaps candida overgrowth and parasites affect the functionality/motility/neurotransmitters/muscles of the GI tract.. of the brain.. of the whole body.
None of the cavalier "IBS" methods were working for me so I gave alternative methods a fair chance. And I'm feeling better than ever since this "IBS" started.

#353653 - 12/31/09 12:02 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Good to hear from you Dana. I ditto your post. Nothing has worked for me except Alternative methods. Science is pretty much useless to me since science does not occupy MY body. By the way, Happy New Year.

Check with Frygirl and come to our Ning site and chat where we talk about Alternative care for IBS.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4643 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11444

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review