All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: "Leaky Gut" and Glutathione new
      #352967 - 12/03/09 11:05 AM
PMartin

Reged: 08/05/08
Loc: Niagara Region

I've just been under the impression that typical IBS-D, will present with reactions/symptoms in a timely concurrence to ingesting trigger foods. If I'm mistaken and a delayed reaction is just as bona fide then thank-you for the clarification.

Breakfast: oatmeal with a little brown sugar and rice milk or a protein shake.

Lunch: protein shake if I didn't have it for breakfast, something light like rice crackers or nothing (I'll just wait until I get to work at 3:00).

Afternoon: this is when I'll graze on foods available at work like already cooked shrimp, maybe cook some scallops or a chicken breast.

Dinner: White Rice, rice noodles or plain baked potato with either fish or chicken (some red meat once in a while).

Late Night (I work until 11:30pm): rice crackers, protein shake

I do not eat/drink: coffee, tea, pop, (caffeine or carbonation), fruit juices, dairy, fruit or vegetables.

My one/biggest vice is a beer or wine every now and then otherwise I drink water or rice milk.

I will be pursuing the leaky gut.

--------------------
IBS-D. Or so a doctor says.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#352970 - 12/03/09 12:16 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I have the odd glass of wine and beer too

Say - do the rice crackers contain brown rice flour or just white rice flour?

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Frygirl new
      #352977 - 12/03/09 02:15 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Has anyone ever told you that your writing is beautiful? It has a flow ot it.

Anyway, I was wondering how you are enjoying the next book you are reading by Sarno. I tried to get it from my library, but they don't have it. I can get it at B&N, but I wondered if it is worth it to buy it. Does it rehash what he has already said, or is there more info?

Thanks

Re: Frygirl new
      #352980 - 12/03/09 02:35 PM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

Gerikat, I am touched by your lovely, unexpected compliment. Thank you! I use to write constantly when I was younger, but found different interests in college and beyond. Just recently I've been thinking of getting back to it. Wouldn't it be awesome to write the next Twilight or Harry Potter?

Good question on the Mindbody Prescription. I am enjoying reading it, but I would say I got more out of the Divided Mind (but then again, that was the first time I'd been exposed to Sarno's theories). I am mainly reading it because I am interested in learning more about TMS equivalents such as IBS, and he does discuss these a bit more in the Mindbody Prescription. I also find it solidifies my understanding of his theory to read more on the subject. I think I paid $10 for the book from Amazon, so if you can get it for that or cheaper, I think it's worth it.

Renee and I have started a discussion on the Ning site - we hope you'll join in. You always have great contributions.

#352984 - 12/03/09 02:56 PM
Gerikat

Thanks. I will get the book since it touches a little more on the equivalents such as IBS.

Yes, get to writing that book!

I intend to get to Ning, but time hasn't allowed me lately. Are you guys in chat or just posting on the forum? It would be nice to get some people in chat, if we named a time for everyone to meet. I am on EST, what are you?

Thanks for the compliment. I do try to contribute, but I tend to get bent out of shape at times, especially at those that poo-poo an alternative view/therapy, without even truly investigating it, or giving it a try. You know what I mean, don't you?

#352986 - 12/03/09 03:06 PM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

We've started a forum discussion, but it would be nice to get together to chat. I am actually on PST, which makes it difficult for us to get together. I'm not working full time, so I could be on in the late afternoon, if evening suits everyone else on the east coast.

And yes - I know what you mean.

#352991 - 12/03/09 06:48 PM
Gerikat

PST is 3 hours difference? I am sure we can work it out to be there one evening.

Well, I just went to the Ning site and posted. It is just you, Renee and I so far, but I am sure we can get other like-minded souls. It is nice to discuss so openly. )

#352992 - 12/03/09 09:32 PM
PMartin

I wish I could answer that as I've wondered too but the ingredients just say Rice. This is a problem I have with my milk as well as I can not find one that doesn't have brown rice.

I did a little more research on the Bentonite Clay and kind of wish I hadn't. First of all, there's no consensus on who or what IBS it may help with different sources saying it's good for D but not C and vice versa. I somehow got to looking at Neomycin...again contradictory reports and I ended up getting into SIBO. What a merry go round My head is spinning.

--------------------

#352993 - 12/04/09 05:17 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I am not certain that the liquid extracted from brown rice for rice milk should be a problem since it doesn't contain the bran which gets filtered out during packaging. Brown rice flour on the other hand will contain bran. Over the years I have experimented with small amounts of bran and found that even the smallest amount causes problems.

Don't let SIBO spin your head too much Over the past couple of years it has been clearly demonstrated that the lactulose breath test that has been conventionally used to determine the presence of SIBO is invalid. It potential role in IBS now appears to be quite limited. If you decide to get tested for SIBO make sure they use a glucose breath test instead of a lactulose breath test.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#352996 - 12/04/09 06:42 AM
PMartin

What's your take on a Hydrogen breath test Syl? This is the best I can get in my area which actually has me driving an hour to get there.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3456 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17069

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review