All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
microscopic colitis and IBS
      #352678 - 11/25/09 11:18 AM
microresearch

Reged: 11/15/09

I have been diagnosed with microscopic colitis--lymphocytic variety-- and see references/comparisons to IBS. In fact, medications such as Asacol seem to be for IBS, but are also used for MC. I have that prescription which I have yet to fill--could it be a fear of difficulty swallowing and instructions not to chew, the $4000 a year cost, or side effects? I will get a Part D drug plan 1-1 but wonder if Eating for IBS would help. Dr. has me on Metamucil, which worked well for 6 months, thought I was "cured" then for past 2 months big D back. Metamucil produces much gas, but like the 80 point reduction in cholesterol. Wonder if Tummy Fiber produces less gas/bloating and helps cholesterol? A trial and error 2 month food diary leads me to the conclusion that I am not lactose intolerant or sensitive to caffine. I am not even sure which message board I belong on with these questions, but any comments will be appreciated. I will immediately order the book if that might help. Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: microscopic colitis and IBS new
      #352684 - 11/25/09 12:19 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

I personally HIGHLY recommend BOTH of Heather's books to you. Also, you would do better on her Tummy Tamer (acacia powder) than anything you can purchase elsewhere. The peppermint tea is great too!... soothing, relaxing, healinhg.

Overcoming IBS is a matter of being disciplined and not wavering from the recommended even when we are feeling better. All deviation does is produce yet another flareup in my experience.

Stress is a BIGGIE in IBS sufferers, so don't invite more than comes to you absent any invitation.

I do hope you will consider the books and the acacia fiber. As for the peppermint tea, Heather's is WAY better and more effective than any others I tried prior to finding hers.

Best regards, and do have a pleasant and blessed Thanksgiving.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4667 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 777

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review