Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Kicking The Prilosec Habit
      #352445 - 11/19/09 11:59 AM
Jeff Jones

Reged: 02/17/07
Loc: Nashville, TN

Hello,

For the last few years I have been taking Prilosec for GERD and now I would like to get off of it. I've read Heather's article about the dangers of taking it for people with IBS.

I have read that it's possible to replace Prilosec with Deglycrrizinated Licorice or DGL but would like to know if anybody has had success with it or any other natural supplement.

I've had IBS-D since late 2006 which has been under control since 2007. Recently, I underwent antibiotic therapy for prostatitis for 60 days and I've been trying to get my gut back in shape ever since. I'm afraid the Prilosec could be hampering my efforts toward this goal.

Any experiences and thoughts are welcomed.

Jeff

--------------------
Step by Step Tips To Help Grow an Affiliate Business From Scratch

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Kicking The Prilosec Habit new
      #352446 - 11/19/09 12:20 PM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

I was on Pepcid first, then Prilosec. Both actually made my heartburn worse.

My naturopathic doctor had me take a supplement containing DGL, marshmallow root, slippery elm, and aloe vera. Within 3 weeks, my tum felt considerably better.

Often times what feels like too much stomach acid is actually low stomach acid. My ND suspected this was the case for me, so she has me take 1 teaspoon of lemon juice 15 minutes before every meal.

Both of these things working together has improved my heartburn much more than drugs did.

I hope this helps!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1203 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1007

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review