All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Thank God.....
      #351502 - 11/02/09 02:11 PM
bamalakegirl30

Reged: 10/23/09
Loc: Alabama

SO today I went to my doc and we addressed IBS. Before we had just mentioned it. Today we decided it is official. Along with that I took the test for gluten intolerance and Friday I am taking the Lactose Breath Test. Not sure what to expect except it lasts 4 hours they said. Can anyone enlighten me on this? I am just happy to have an official name/diagnosis for what we have been suspecting and how I have been feeling.

--------------------
When all else fails.....have tea.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thank God..... new
      #351503 - 11/02/09 02:20 PM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

I had mixed feelings about the IBS diagnosis only because it's sort of the absence of any other problem, so it's not much help in terms of getting treatment. But it is vindicating in the way that your doctor acknowledges your symptoms aren't invented. We just want to be heard! Good luck with your lactose breath test. Never done one myself. Let us know any news.

#351524 - 11/02/09 10:47 PM
crystalrumi

Reged: 10/15/09
Loc: Central California

I took the Lactulose breath test about 2 months ago now, and was very positive, they then gave me a course of strong antibiotics and got rid of the SIBO which was causing me fullness and bloating among other symptoms. Those symptoms I was having seem to be gone! When you first start the test they will have you blow into a bag, then they will have you drink some sugary liquid and then test your breath about every 15 minutes after that for a few hours, if the number rises or I think goes about 20 you are positive. Don't exactly remember the number that says if you are positive or not! Good luck! It really seemed that the antibiotics helped for that problem, now I am just now trying to get my ibs under control with eatting for ibs and doing the soluble fiber supplements and fennel tea, seems to be going pretty good. I hope you find what woeks for you too!

#351545 - 11/03/09 10:54 AM
bamalakegirl30

Reged: 10/23/09
Loc: Alabama

Thanks for the post. I have alse been using the Acacia fiber and the teas. I mostly drink fennel because the peppermint sometimes interferes with my acid reflux. We'll see what happens with the other. Thanks for the info. It was greatly appreciated.

--------------------
When all else fails.....have tea.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2309 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1529

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review