All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Seen new Doc and he gave me Librax/Sillygirl new
      #351115 - 10/23/09 01:47 PM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

What issues has it helped for you? I have ibs-d and divirticulosis and my doc just switched me back to Librium because the Librax was giving me headaches and stomach aches. It did seem to work good for my urgency issues but I take lomotil for that which works just as good for me. But I was just wondering if you are ibs-a did he put u on it for the d issues when you have them?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Seen new Doc and he gave me Librax/Sillygirl new
      #351117 - 10/23/09 07:56 PM
Sillygirl

Reged: 10/18/09
Loc: New York

I have ibs-d also, my dr gave me Librax for the antispasms, and it helps me, but sometimes I don't have to take it every day if I don't need it.

Re: Seen new Doc and he gave me Librax - KatheC new
      #351118 - 10/23/09 08:41 PM
skh

Reged: 08/05/09

KatheC - No I have not tried the caltrate. I do take calcium but I will go get that and see if it makes a difference. I've been on the Librax 2 days now and the headaches have stopped. I did seem to cramp alittle today and still had urgency after but it was not D. I wasn't sure if this was from the Librax. I am also taking acacia fiber once a day usually with oatmeal or tea around 9 when I am at work. (I don't get up early enough to eat at home) thanks for the info!

Re: Seen new Doc and he gave me Librax - mrae new
      #351119 - 10/23/09 08:49 PM
skh

Are you always ibs D ? I have urgency issues alot but i seem to be changing to ibs-A. But the urgency still comes often or if I'm not having urgency i'll be very gassy. I am going to get the caltrate D and see if it helps. I was hoping the librax would stop the spasms which would stop the urgency but I guess it doesn't work that way...

Re: Seen new Doc and he gave me Librax/vjcblueyes new
      #351123 - 10/23/09 09:19 PM
skh

can i ask why you take acacia fiber and also other types of fiber supplements? Do you alternate them? In what way has the librax helped you? thanks...

Re: Seen new Doc and he gave me Librax - mrae new
      #351147 - 10/24/09 04:00 PM
mrae

Yes I am always ibs-d, I have never been constipated. I have tried the calcium but it never helped enough to where I didnt have to take medication. All I can say is without lomotil I would not be able to live a normal live. My doc but me back on Librium and off the Librax and now I have no more headaches or stomach aches.

Re: Seen new Doc and he gave me Librax/vjcblueyes new
      #351298 - 10/28/09 03:12 PM
vjcblueyes

Reged: 06/02/09
Loc: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

There are times I have D and times I have C.....but mostly pain every day....so I take the supplements to keep my BM's more normal (if there is such a thing)The librax has helped some with the D and mostly the pain, at least I can tolerate the pain a little better but I think mostly with anxiety....

Re: Seen new Doc and he gave me Librax new
      #351456 - 11/01/09 05:29 PM
mrae

I called my doc and he said I could switch back to Librium but I think I am going to gradually get myself off of Librium so I can give Librax a fair try. I think my symptoms were from a sudden stop in the Librium and maybe not the Librax at all. Anyone have bad symptoms when they stop their anxiety meds. I guess you have to gradually stop them.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6599 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11668

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review