All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
      #350693 - 10/09/09 09:49 AM
DanaDivine

Reged: 09/30/09

Hi all,

I am new to this board and website, as well as IBS. It's kind of nice to see there are other people going through similar things to what I've been going through! I was just diagnosed a few weeks ago. It's been a very frustrating and scary time for me, to say the least. I think the scariest thing is how the heck to hold on to a job without wondering when I will have another attack. I've missed quite a bit of work in the last few months. I've been trying to follow Heather's diet guidelines as close as possible, and take fennel capsules like they're candy and drink ginger tea like it's going out of style. I freakin' miss frappuccinos, pizza, ice cream, cheesecake, and hamburgers. I know there are alternatives to these but I just haven't had the energy to follow through with any creativity in the kitchen yet. The hypnosis program sounds really interesting, although expensive. I think that will be my next venture.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Newbie new
      #350737 - 10/11/09 09:01 PM
littlebean

Reged: 04/11/09
Loc: CA

There is sooo much information on this website, as well as a group of caring individuals who are willing to answer questions, sympathize, or just provide a hearing ear. Hang in there! I was exactly where you are about a year ago. It will get better.

Re: Newbie new
      #350762 - 10/12/09 07:46 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi

Your post brought back so many memories for me. I was exactly where you were a year ago . Work was tough for a while and I dropped 20 pounds in a month as I didn't know what to eat. I was so tired and anxious but I did get better. I even got a promotion and just won an award for my performance.

What worked for me was following EFI, taking the acacia SFS, a calcium supplement (I'm D but if your C magnesium should help) and the hypnotherapy program to help deal with my anxiety. If you go to http://www.healthyaudio.com/content/irritable_bowel_syndrome?r=Ni9VPZFD#buy you can download the program as a mp3 file. It's a bit cheaper than the CD and no need to pay for postage.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 357 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1354

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review